Dont want to quit.

The-UK-Guy

Tea anyone ?
Yeah but dude European countries are the size of our states! You drive 50 miles in each direction and you're in a different country, So of course they have passports. Now how many of those people actually leave Europe? And by the way, just a couple years ago Americans did not need passports to enter Mexico and Canada.

you dont need a passport to travel through Europe if your european.
so I would imagine that all of them leave Europe or they wouldnt need a passport would they

The-UK-Guy

Tea anyone ?
Yeah but dude European countries are the size of our states! You drive 50 miles in each direction and you're in a different country, So of course they have passports. Now how many of those people actually leave Europe? And by the way, just a couple years ago Americans did not need passports to enter Mexico and Canada.

thats not fair, mexicans dont need passports to come to America

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
your gonna need more than a week to get those 3 countrys in dude theres to many things to see.

There's a reason its called a 'first visit.' I'd see what interested me for another visit and explore it in depth. The reason I'm saying a week in your United Kingdom is that my ancestors are from the U.K. I did some research a couple years ago and found huge number of them in Manchester, England. I understand that's a manufacturing region, right? I wouldn't spend more than a day there. As a matter of fact, the Fall of 2011 trip might be a deeper exploration of Spain or something. I know I want to spend Christmas in Rome to attend Christmas Mass at St. Peters. Ahhhh....to be young AND single! LOL. Its time for this tired Rocky Mountain resident to get some sleep. G'nite, gents. -Rocky

stringerman85

There's a reason its called a 'first visit.' I'd see what interested me for another visit and explore it in depth. The reason I'm saying a week in your United Kingdom is that my ancestors are from the U.K. I did some research a couple years ago and found huge number of them in Manchester, England. I understand that's a manufacturing region, right? I wouldn't spend more than a day there. As a matter of fact, the Fall of 2011 trip might be a deeper exploration of Spain or something. I know I want to spend Christmas in Rome to attend Christmas Mass at St. Peters. Ahhhh....to be young AND single! LOL. Its time for this tired Rocky Mountain resident to get some sleep. G'nite, gents. -Rocky

You wouldn't survive in the UK eating their food, It's disgusting to most Americans that I knew who went over there. I even had this very overweight cousin who would eat anything went over to the UK for school reasons and he lost so much weight from not eating, He said it was nasty

The-UK-Guy

Tea anyone ?
So where do they go? 95 percent is high
The carribean is popular the pacific islands, guam indonesia new zeland vietnam is very popular the USA of course we are not to far from asia, cambodia macau the falkland isles singapor malaysia is reel popular India is also a hot spot laos then you figure north africa is not to far fromsouthern Europe trust me dude we know where all the partys are

The-UK-Guy

Tea anyone ?
You wouldn't survive in the UK eating their food, It's disgusting to most Americans that I knew who went over there. I even had this very overweight cousin who would eat anything went over to the UK for school reasons and he lost so much weight from not eating, He said it was nasty

all you guys think about is eating , you dont go to a different country to check out resteraunts you go to see land marks and history and wicked nightclubs with half naked women that dont close till 6 am and always serve liquer. your freinds just didnt know where to go , The UK and France have the top resteraunts and Chefs in the world

stringerman85

you like dj sasha you would love the UK clubs if your into that stuff

Heck yeah I got a bunch of sasha and digweed cd's, I was hoping to maybe catch them in Toronto sometime since they spin there a lot...I wouldn't mind hittin it in UK either.....I think right now most of us in the U.S are probably stuck in our home states because of the prices of everything, The economy is down this year, Gas is rediculous....I like taking road trips

trickpony1

UK Guy-
I'm running out of suggestions/ideas.
You might call your local county election board and find out who your elected government officials (House of Representatives, Congress Person, Senator) are and PERSONALLY visit their office to explain your situation. They may be able to help.

Suugestion:
If it were me, I would not go in there smelling of brew and acting like I'm invading a foreign country.
Dress well, smile alot, be humble (if that's possible), say "yes sir", "no sir" and, in essence, kiss their rear end.
Good luck.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Dude, I'm an American and I hate this effin country.... too many people effed it up. Tick tock til the day I get a different citizenship and move out....
Healthcare boils down to this.... if you can't take care of yourself and your body - you deserve to die, quit looking to the government to solve your problems - PUT DOWN THE BIG MAC, FATTY.
My issue is with the environment first - then education.
Environment isn't a US thing IT'S A WORLD ISSUE.
My America-Hate issue is with education, BIG TIME.

Quite frankly, I feel that a UK accent brightens up the place... STAY! STAY!
Quite frankly I was going to welocme you to the discussion, but I dont want to slow down your flight from this great country. What an infantile thing to say. We need no one here who can say they hate this country. Leave ASAP so people that truly love and want to come here can.

LV_TSC

Going Green!
I love it for the freedoms... and the capitalism - not when it takes it's toll on the education of the masses.

By the way, thanks for the welcome!

trickpony1

- not when it takes it's toll on the education of the masses.

.....so, whose fault is that?

Is it the masses fault or is it the governments fault?

Do you think the culture and society of some of the Eastern countries that so emphasis education might be a little different than ours?

LV_TSC

Going Green!
I wonder about that. But I think the issues is with the teachers and mandatory testing. One of our retirees from the CCSD came out about it in our weekly paper. It's all about lowering the standards so everyone meets their numbers. It's a numbers game - I really think culture went out the window long ago.
Yes there is an American culture. It's called 123-45-6789 and $$$$
Maybe it's the school's fault, maybe it's the government's... or maybe it's a vicious circle for the parents who have the current school age appropriate children, suffered the same system themselves and aren't encouraging their children to pick up a book instead of playing a computer game.

Channahon

UK Guy,

When you got hired at UPS how did you verify your work status in the US? Generally, two forms of verification were accepted, 1. a birth certificate to verify US citizenship or 2. a permanent residency (green card).
I'm surprised if you were hired on a work visa 17 years ago.

As far as UPS helping you out, the only time UPS lawyers get involved with immigration is for overseas or Canadien/Mexico assignments, where the employee will be residing for a couple of years, with the intention of coming back to the States.

You may want to look over this form and speak with your attorney, it may help your case.
http://www.dhs.gov/xlibrary/assets/cisomb_dhsform7001.pdf

Good luck to you and your family

The-UK-Guy

Tea anyone ?
UK Guy-
I'm running out of suggestions/ideas.
You might call your local county election board and find out who your elected government officials (House of Representatives, Congress Person, Senator) are and PERSONALLY visit their office to explain your situation. They may be able to help.

Suugestion:
If it were me, I would not go in there smelling of brew and acting like I'm invading a foreign country.
Dress well, smile alot, be humble (if that's possible), say "yes sir", "no sir" and, in essence, kiss their rear end.
Good luck.

thanks for the advice. I know that by looking at my pics and by reading my posts I come across as a goofball (which I am) but I`m not stupid , I do know when to put on my game face and Ive been sober 46 weeks.

The-UK-Guy

Tea anyone ?
Quite frankly I was going to welocme you to the discussion, but I dont want to slow down your flight from this great country. What an infantile thing to say. We need no one here who can say they hate this country. Leave ASAP so people that truly love and want to come here can.

your mistaken, I didnt make that comment. I love this country