Dont want to quit.

The-UK-Guy

Tea anyone ?
You know what really irritates me about this whole situation, the fact that by telling the truth I am risking my career it would be so easy to tell a little white lie and go out on some kind of medical leave.
I have a lot at stake here. UPS is based on integrity yet using my integrity will probably end up costing me my job. Am I the only person who thinks this is a little ironic

upsgrunt

It still ends up coming down to the fact that you have to do what you know is right. Your the one that has to look in the mirror each day and live with your conscience. I know how much better I feel about myself when I know I've done the RIGHT thing instead of what would have been easier or benefited me more, even though it was not morally right. Honesty and integrity go a long way in my book if that makes you feel better!

The-UK-Guy

Tea anyone ?
It still ends up coming down to the fact that you have to do what you know is right. Your the one that has to look in the mirror each day and live with your conscience. I know how much better I feel about myself when I know I've done the RIGHT thing instead of what would have been easier or benefited me more, even though it was not morally right. Honesty and integrity go a long way in my book if that makes you feel better!

UPS is the only place that I dont lie I really couldnt give a dam about my own self image. I`m a complete :censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2: with low self asteem. my freinds say I have intamcy problems, but they dont really know me. LOL

The-UK-Guy

Tea anyone ?
UPS is the only place that I dont lie I really couldnt give a dam about my own self image. I`m a complete :censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2: with low self asteem. my freinds say I have intamcy problems, but they dont really know me. LOL

Responsibility , Its no ones fault but my own. I should have read the forms more carefuly.
god did I just say that ? I hate being RESPONSIBLE and I loath taking RESPONSIBILITY for my own actions. I hate growing up !

upsgrunt

Nonsense- your a human being that deserves respect like anyone else. You've made mistakes that you own up to and accept responsibility for. Everyone makes mistakes; it's the people who acknowledge them and accept responsibility for them that sets them apart.

Channahon

I am not getting deported. I didnt file the appropriate paper work on 8 14 04 to extend my visa. My lawyer has advised me and so have the INS officials that the safest and most appropriate way to ensure my right of abode in the USA is to leave the country of free will before my status becomes revoked thus not breaking any laws or agreements I made with the INS and filing for a 10 year extention from my home country, returning when the stay is granted which could take up to 6 months. More likely than not it will only take a matter of weeks. To be on the safe side expecting the worst would be best thats why I want 6 months leave. There are other alternatives but I cant afford them. Since 9 11 immigration laws are strictly enforced and I cant risk pissing off uncle sam.

You know what really irritates me about this whole situation, the fact that by telling the truth I am risking my career it would be so easy to tell a little white lie and go out on some kind of medical leave.
I have a lot at stake here. UPS is based on integrity yet using my integrity will probably end up costing me my job. Am I the only person who thinks this is a little ironic

Do you have a green card as you stated for permanent residency status? I've known UPS employees who were not citizens of the US, but did have a green card which granted them permanent residency and the right to work in the US. After 5 years, they can apply for US citizenship.

Or are you here on a work visa?

UPS may have issues with your working for the past 4 years and not being in the country legally.

My advice would be for you to talk with your management team along with Human Resources, if you feel this may only take a couple of weeks. Offer to take all your vacation weeks, if they are agreeable, to get this matter straightened out in the UK.

Sounds like a bit of a mess, but if you are up front and honest with UPS and INS, maybe you'll be able to come back to the USA and take the appropiate action to update or keep your green card, as you don't seem to have the desire to become a US citizen.

If you lose your job at UPS, you are still a Teamster, take a withdrawal card before you leave, and pursue another job in the same industry, if this is the type of work you enjoy.

helenofcalifornia

Thank God, Rocky, you stopped yapping! Rocky, you sound very young in some of your comments. You need to age and mature, live more, enjoy life more, and, definitely, travel more to have better personal insight. The US is just one nation of many and because we are bigger and better than most, it doesn't mean that we are right all the time. The UK Guy came here for advice, not a civics lesson on why he should be a citizen.

The-UK-Guy

Tea anyone ?
Do you have a green card as you stated for permanent residency status? I've known UPS employees who were not citizens of the US, but did have a green card which granted them permanent residency and the right to work in the US. After 5 years, they can apply for US citizenship.

Or are you here on a work visa?

UPS may have issues with your working for the past 4 years and not being in the country legally.

My advice would be for you to talk with your management team along with Human Resources, if you feel this may only take a couple of weeks. Offer to take all your vacation weeks, if they are agreeable, to get this matter straightened out in the UK.

I have a green card Im a permenant resident alian this is my fault for not following up on paperwork my card expires every 10 years so when it expires on Thursday I would be breaking the law by working or residing in the country. I have tried everything to avoid leaving the country , but since 9 11 the laws are very strict and there just isnt enough time to file appeals its in my best intrest to get everything filed from the UK , there wont be a problem with me re entering the USA its just a matter of waiting for the paperwork to go through. I know its a hastle but honestly its the safest and least risky way of ensuring my legal status in the US .

The-UK-Guy

Tea anyone ?
Thank God, Rocky, you stopped yapping! Rocky, you sound very young in some of your comments. You need to age and mature, live more, enjoy life more, and, definitely, travel more to have better personal insight. The US is just one nation of many and because we are bigger and better than most, it doesn't mean that we are right all the time. The UK Guy came here for advice, not a civics lesson on why he should be a citizen.

Thanks H. I was begining to feel guilty for a second ..

DS

Fenderbender
UK guy,whatever happens,I hope you get what you want.which is,I think,to stay in the USA with your family,even if it means going by the rules and leaving a few months.
Rocky,you usually seem to have well thought out posts, but you jumped on UK guy because he thinks differently.
When I was 21 my then gf and I scrimped and saved for a 10 week european holiday.We stayed a week in London,took the boat from Dover, leased a car in Paris,and drove through Germany,Austria,Belgium,Luxembourg,Denmark,and then went back to Britain.I learned a lot on this trip,but do you know what I liked best?The UK.We saw so many castles and I love castles.We took the train to the Kyle of Lochalsh(sp) in northern Scotland and took a school bus with the kids to the campgrounds in the clouds.I never had a bad beer there,and I loved going to the chip shops with like 30 different fish choices.Only once did I stoop to a cucumber/prawn sandwich(thier bread is rather bland).I hope to go back to visit some day.

The-UK-Guy

Tea anyone ?
UK guy,whatever happens,I hope you get what you want.which is,I think,to stay in the USA with your family,even if it means going by the rules and leaving a few months.
Rocky,you usually seem to have well thought out posts, but you jumped on UK guy because he thinks differently.
When I was 21 my then gf and I scrimped and saved for a 10 week european holiday.We stayed a week in London,took the boat from Dover, leased a car in Paris,and drove through Germany,Austria,Belgium,Luxembourg,Denmark,and then went back to Britain.I learned a lot on this trip,but do you know what I liked best?The UK.We saw so many castles and I love castles.We took the train to the Kyle of Lochalsh(sp) in northern Scotland and took a school bus with the kids to the campgrounds in the clouds.I never had a bad beer there,and I loved going to the chip shops with like 30 different fish choices.Only once did I stoop to a cucumber/prawn sandwich(thier bread is rather bland).I hope to go back to visit some day.

The bread is only bland because we dont fill it with artificial preservitives and flavors. Were you able to eat the cucumber sandwich ? when I was a naughty kid my mum would make me eat those awful things for a punishment

DS

Fenderbender
Both my grandparents were born in Britain,and apparently we are decendants of Burke and Hare...my grandmother grew up in Edinburgh...my grandfather was a sailor in the first wooden submarine.We had a nice couple in Wales that fed us tomato sandwiches and gave us a queens jubilee silver coin...I'm watching my blood pressure now...149/85
so maybe you guys knew all along

filthpig

I know that this is going to offend some people but here goes. At any time in the last 17 years have you considered applying for citizenship? If you intended to work here all of your adult life that would seem to have been the logical choice. It appears as though you are going to have to decide where you want to live and work (if that decision hasn't already been made by the government). After all, there are a lot of Americans who need jobs now and I don't think the ones that are available should be given to non-Americans regardless of their immigration status (legal or non-legal). Nothing personal, just me talkin'.