Don't Work Harder Because It Is Peak

Dr.Brownz

It's funny, you say we were all the new guy who was always sent to help at one point. The person I mentioned WAS the freaking new guy and I was the one 4 years in. Yet time after time this same guy always needs help. I understand that they load you up good some days but needing help every day is ridiculous. Made me wonder how the hell this guy qualified.

Anyhow, for me it's not management pitting me against anyone. I just refuse to continually help dudes who I know for a fact are out milking the clock and talking to every single customer on the route wasting time. You wanna do that, fine. Just don't send me out to pick up that guys slack when he falls behind.
Yeah management isn't pitting you against anyone except the new guy they failed to train properly. And then they got you to yell at him to make him go faster. When he has an accident though, you will not bat an eye.

Dr.Brownz

These are the guys that aren't just trying to get it done to get home(even though they are making a huge mistake that's going bite them in the ass later) they are doing this as a way to show everybody up....doing this no mater what needs to be done; skip breAk, run, dr apt stops... Whatever it takes.

We call them losers here. Sadly we have a couple 25 year losers in my center. The guys are the angriest people on Earth.

vvv

A few years ago I was "asked" to go help a new driver three separate times in the same week. When I caught up to him on the 3rd my frustration got the best of me and I let him know in no uncertain words how I felt about having to bail him out.

He is now one of our better young drivers.
If I was him I would have given you an extra 10-15 stops even if I was new.......told you to kiss my *ss.....and have fun delivering.......and come find me in 24 hours to help again.

Man last year was my first peak and i have been dreading it all year lol i still don't get why they don't give you half the load organized then go back to the building or have an on road bring the second half later in the day it would be WAY more efficient. i spent at least 8 hours of my day just trying to get enough stuff off to restack my truck so i could start cooking but by then i only have like 3 hrs until i have to go back to the building and spend a good hour scanning missed packages and then my lunch and break. i also didn't realize all the guys were working their 14 hrs they kept sending messages to get off the clock at 12.5 hrs so friday i would have hours while everyone else had 8 hr days on friday lol rookie mistakes.. mon-thurs this year I'm working the max hours so i can go home at 5-6 friday..

Northbaypkg

20 NDA stops daily
Yeah management isn't pitting you against anyone except the new guy they failed to train properly. And then they got you to yell at him to make him go faster. When he has an accident though, you will not bat an eye.

So you finally respond like an adult and not with some sarcastic BS, it's about time. Anyway, this guy was trained the same way all of us were trained. The split route he needed help on is done by all sorts of different cover drivers with none of them needing help. Yet he needed help 3 days in a row. It's not like he was out blind or something. I dont know why you keep defending this guy and putting it all on management. Like I said before, management does indeed screw us a bunch. But this wasn't one of those times.

As far as me yelling, you damn right I'm gonna voice my displeasure with having to help the same guy with a simple split car 3 times in a row. Especially if the stop count is reasonable on all of those days. If he can't safely go fast enough to finish that route in 14 hours then maybe this ain't the job for him. Hey, the job isn't for everyone. Lucky for him he already (somehow) qualified.