Don't Work Harder Because It Is Peak

OPTION3

When the same guy causes me to get home so late that my girl and kid sleeping 3 times in a row then I start worrying about him because he's affecting me.

I didnt care what this guy was doing before I had to help him 3 times in a row. Now that I haven't had to help him anymore I no longer care what he does. One thing is certain though, I still see his name up on the dispatch board where we clock out as 'needing help' a lot. Just saying.
sounds like a dispatch problem to me....you are getting off early and he needs help

Northbaypkg

20 NDA stops daily
sounds like a dispatch problem to me....you are getting off early and he needs help

I went to help him after 8:30pm on all 3 days, one day it was even 9pm that I met him. I wouldn't exactly call that 'finishing early'. I checked his dispatch after the 2nd day of help and it was no different than it was when I or any other driver did the route and were able to finish. Sure he could have had more irregs than usual or whatever. But from what I've seen of this particular guy he's just plain slow and that's it.

Anyhow it is what it is. I don't have to help this guy anymore so whatever. I do see that the newer guys are now the ones tasked with helping this guy. Sucks for them just like it sucked for me but hey. According to you guys it's either a dispatch problem, sups pitting hourlies against one another, or something else.

clean hairy

I have no pity for the customers who wait til the last possible second to order Christmas gifts. I'll work at a steady safe pace and if I'm told to ECD everything I can't deliver on the 23rd when my DOT hours run out, that's their own fault.
And they are so lazy, they cannot get off their butts to go out to a store and buy something!

Keenj

And they are so lazy, they cannot get off their butts to go out to a store and buy something!

The stores in my area have no variety or have such high markups that it's cheaper to order online. What I hate about them is they're too lazy to get off their butts and shovel their sidewalks.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I went to help him after 8:30pm on all 3 days, one day it was even 9pm that I met him. I wouldn't exactly call that 'finishing early'. I checked his dispatch after the 2nd day of help and it was no different than it was when I or any other driver did the route and were able to finish. Sure he could have had more irregs than usual or whatever. But from what I've seen of this particular guy he's just plain slow and that's it.

Anyhow it is what it is. I don't have to help this guy anymore so whatever. I do see that the newer guys are now the ones tasked with helping this guy. Sucks for them just like it sucked for me but hey. According to you guys it's either a dispatch problem, sups pitting hourlies against one another, or something else.
A driver who runs and cuts corners everyday has no clout to say if another driver is "slow" or not...is this guy actually dragging his feet or just isn't burning it up like the runner gunners???? I see this kind of bs behavior from the new "kids" who are running trying to make other drivers look bad....I've seen it all the time.... So what's the " real" story ???

Dr.Brownz

They're taking strips of buisness of a lot of routes and just packing on extra resi. I don't mind this.

Routes that haven't been cut in 5 or 6 years are being cut here. We are being marched to the ovens! Business's till 4 and then pickups and then a mountain of resis.

By The Book

According to you guys it's either a dispatch problem, sups pitting hourlies against one another, or something else.
It's a dispatch problem....would you put that much work on the drivers?, yourself included. Thanks for helping drivers when asked but please don't check their dispatch, that's pitting driver against driver without management lifting a finger. According to you this driver is slow....and to come to this conclusion what is he being compared to?

Northbaypkg

20 NDA stops daily
A driver who runs and cuts corners everyday has no clout to say if another driver is "slow" or not...is this guy actually dragging his feet or just isn't burning it up like the runner gunners???? I see this kind of bs behavior from the new "kids" who are running trying to make other drivers look bad....I've seen it all the time.... So what's the " real" story ???

So basically you're assuming I'm a runner gunner and so are the rest of the plenty of drivers who do that same split route everyday with no help? First off, you're dead wrong. I have no reason to run and gun. I'm not in a bonus center. And if you haven't noticed by my other posts on here, I never work off the clock. I take all my breaks (two 15 minute breaks plus another 10 minute break if I work over 10 hours which I usually do. I take my 30 minute lunch every day.

Listen, it's cool that you're sticking up for a fellow union brother and giving him the benefit of the doubt. For the millionth time, I don't mind helping folks at all. But this guy in particular needed help WAY more than others and then the 3 times in a row thing was the straw that broke the camel's back. So you can assume that every single driver that does that same route with no problem is a runner gunner and that this guy is the normal pace one. I don't have to help him any longer so it's no sweat off my back.

Northbaypkg

20 NDA stops daily
It's a dispatch problem....would you put that much work on the drivers?, yourself included. Thanks for helping drivers when asked but please don't check their dispatch, that's pitting driver against driver without management lifting a finger. According to you this driver is slow....and to come to this conclusion what is he being compared to?

Like I said in posts before, myself and other drivers were dispatched with the same amount of work and finish with no problem. So yes, I would put that amount of work on myself. And as for comparison, I use all the other drivers and myself that finish the route with no help. I'm not saying we all do it at the same soeed. Some guys can get in just about 10 hours, other guys might not get in till 13 hours later. Point is, we finish. Why can't he?

By The Book

Like I said in posts before, myself and other drivers were dispatched with the same amount of work and finish with no problem. So yes, I would put that amount of work on myself. And as for comparison, I use all the other drivers and myself that finish the route with no help. I'm not saying we all do it at the same soeed. Some guys can get in just about 10 hours, other guys might not get in till 13 hours later. Point is, we finish. Why can't he?
I still think it's a problem that is created by over dispatching the drivers. I just don't budge when a member talks about another members performance. Everything you say may be true and you can prove it...but why? I appreciate you keeping it real, the issues you and the other drivers are facing should be addressed by your center team. It gets old to bust your butt all day and go help others, and work those crazy hours.

Keenj

It's gonna suck when the seasonals can't hack it and start dropping like flies. We went from 16 Thanksgiving week to 3 the week before Christmas.

twoweeled

The answer to your pointed question is; I don't know why he isn't finishing and I don't care. Unless you're management, you shouldn't care either. It's not your problem or concern.

Northbaypkg

20 NDA stops daily
The answer to your pointed question is; I don't know why he isn't finishing and I don't care. Unless you're management, you shouldn't care either. It's not your problem or concern.

Did you even read the other posts to see why I was concerned? I wouldn't give a rats ass what he was doing if they didn't ask me to help him 3 days in a row. When I get home so late that my family is already sleeping because I have to help the same damn guy then yes, it IS my problem.

Funny you resurrect this crap. I haven't had to help him in over a year now. I don't know if or when he needs help now and I sure don't give a :censored2:.

twoweeled

Did you even read the other posts to see why I was concerned? I wouldn't give a rats ass what he was doing if they didn't ask me to help him 3 days in a row. When I get home so late that my family is already sleeping because I have to help the same damn guy then yes, it IS my problem.

Funny you resurrect this crap. I haven't had to help him in over a year now. I don't know if or when he needs help now and I sure don't give a :censored2:.
What you wrote, confirmed what I believed. It's nothing new. You didn't want to confront management, so you bitch about the other driver. The other driver doesn't dispatch. Management dispatches. The reason you have what you have, is because management put it there. You are correct, in that it was your problem. I agree. Where you and I disagree, is who was causing your problem. I submit again. Management dispatches, not drivers. Your bitch was with management - but you just don't know how to handle it. You were putty in management's hands. Management was playing you like a fiddle. Management was screwing you around, and you're getting into it with another hourly (I'm guessing on this point) who that hourly is someone management can't control. So management was pitting you against that other driver to do what they have been unable to do.
Sorry about bringing up an old post, but this type of thing is so common. We end up cutting each other's throat, and management looks at us like idiots. Don't let them do it.

twoweeled

You know you can say no right?
I don't think that no, is entirely safe. I wouldn't advise someone to say, No. I'm not saying, I know you're wrong. I'm just saying, that's not the way I did it, or advised others to do it. Saying no to most things, can turn into a hot seat.