DON'T YOU COME HERE THIS LATE!!!

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by FilingBluesFL, May 27, 2015.

1. FilingBluesFL

FilingBluesFL Well-Known Member

So guy has some food that has to be signed for, I show up at 9:05pm, knock gently since they're in kind of an elderly apartment building thing, and didn't want to wake EVERYONE up...

Guy (had to have been older womans kid) opens the door, rubbing his eyes, says to me "... why are you knocking this late?" "Oh, this needs a signature please."

*takes the board*

"Don't deliver here this late..." "It's not really my choice, this is when I'm told to be here."

"I'm telling you, don't deliver here this late again." "I can't do that. I have to make an attempt on every package."

"I said, don't come here this late. Come earlier or don't come at all." "Sorry, but I can't just not attempt to deliver this package."

*throws DIAD on box and starts closing door*

"WELL HOW ABOUT YOU COME BACK AGAIN TOMORROW."

"Ok!"

Refused: Didn't want.

Done.

Think he'll be wondering when it's going to show up tomorrow?

• Like Like x 6
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • List
  2. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

Maybe they can update the DIAD to take out refused "Damage" and replace it with "Too late". Amazon does state on their time frame "package will be delivered before 8pm" under tracking.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  3. GetTacosOrDieTrying

GetTacosOrDieTrying What's in the box!!!!!?

image.jpg !

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  4. Dr.Brownz

Dr.Brownz Well-Known Member

I've told management to pull their heads out of their ass's on more than one occassion. No one wants a ****dam* residential delivery at 8 or 9pm. I'd be annoyed if someone knocked on my door past 7pm. The only time we should deliver that late is peak season. It just isn't good customer service.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • List
    Lasted edited by : May 28, 2015
  5. Whatbrownwontdoforyou

Whatbrownwontdoforyou Well-Known Member

Your going to get a concern.......it's not your call to refuse his package.......you have to call your sup and let him make the decision........you said yourself he will be expecting del tomorrow

6. Richard Harrow

Richard Harrow Deplorable.

Yeah that'll be a complaint. Customer clearly wanted the package future'd when he said "why don't you come back tomorrow".

7. Funfact

Funfact Well-Known Member

You do not future a package when someone is at the location. They either sign for it or it get sheeted refused. You also do future a resi delivery.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  8. You should have informed him that if he refuses the delivery then it will be returned to the shipper. If you let him make the call, then your :censored2: is covered if he later complains.

9. 9.5er

9.5er Well-Known Member

Should have the Sup deliver it tomorrow. They got nothing better to do once all the drivers leave the building anyway.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  10. Jones

Jones fILE A GRIEVE! Staff Member

I would have brought it back tomorrow at the same time.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  11. Packmule

Packmule Well-Known Member

Sounds like a need to start filing hours grievances. Sooner or later someone will be able to get there at a more respectable hour.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  12. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

Dr Brownz Delivery Service!

13. Shifting Contents

Shifting Contents Most Help Needed

My Diad has refused/too late as an option

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  14. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

There is a "Refused" "Too late" option already in the DIAD.

To the OP----why would you engage the OP beyond "Sorry I am so late----first initial, last name, please"? You are under no requirement to nor is he interested in or entitled to an explanation.

15. Monkey Butt

Humphmm!
    I think that is becaused it arrived "too late" to be of use ... not late in the day.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  16. UpstateNYUPSer

What if they are on vacation and have asked that their packages be held for delivery when they get back?

(I would still find a safe place to DR rather than have to deal with them later)

17. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

The customer acts like you wanted to be working that late delivering his junk instead of being home sitting in a recliner watching reality shows like him.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  18. Monkey Butt

He was just having a bad day.
    He just learned his mother was dying.
    I would feel like a heel.

19. UpstateNYUPSer

I am picturing the old guy sitting in his favorite chair, just waiting for his package to arrive, much like old people at the nursing home all dressed up, waiting for their kids to pick them up to go for a ride.

20. HEFFERNAN

HEFFERNAN Huge Member

My last delivery yesterday was a straight from Maine lobster. It was 650 so a little late for dinner (unless you're a UPS driver).
    I cared for half a second because I saw it was shipped ground/shipper release, left on doorstep and rang bell.