don't you wish you worked for GM?

P

prodriver

[quotewouldn'tsperhour, post: 1276652, member: 43825"]If it got to that point he might as well move to an all employee workforce. There is no chance in hell he going to give that kind of control to the contractor.[/quote]
There wouldn't be anymore or any less control to the contractor, the only difference would be the # on vans. The operating agreement would still be the same.

MAKAVELI

[quotewouldn'tsperhour, post: 1276652, member: 43825"]If it got to that point he might as well move to an all employee workforce. There is no chance in hell he going to give that kind of control to the contractor.
There wouldn't be anymore or any less control to the contractor, the only difference would be the # on vans. The operating agreement would still be the same.[/quote]
Sorry you are wrong on that one. Why do you think the dot # is assigned to FedEx and not the contractor?

P

prodriver

SPH what would change? We would still have to meet safety guidelines in order to dispatch with FedEx freight, I'm sure that would be kept in op agreement if ( doubt ) this ever happened.

MAKAVELI

SPH what would change? We would still have to meet safety guidelines in order to dispatch with FedEx freight, I'm sure that would be kept in op agreement if ( doubt ) this ever happened.
If nothing would change then why is FedEx assigned the # and not the contractor? You guys are independent businesses, right?

P

prodriver

I can't answer your question any better than you can mine, but I do think that if DOT was gonna shut down grounds # some drastic changes would be made and fast. Most O/O do have own #'s, they are easy to get.

MAKAVELI

I can't answer your question any better than you can mine, but I do think that if DOT was gonna shut down grounds # some drastic changes would be made and fast. Most O/O do have own #'s, they are easy to get.
Here is a little clue, but shhh, don't tell bbsam. You guys are really employees. Employees can't have dot # assigned to them. Your so called " independence" is only a facade.

P

prodriver

Here is a little clue, but shhh, don't tell bbsam. You guys are really employees. Employees can't have dot # assigned to them. Your so called " independence" is only a facade.
Ah SPH has humor, but my facade has been going on a long time.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Exactly. Non-employees who are employees contracted to an "independent contractor". All smoke and mirrors. Fred gives Sammy a cut to be his beard because the scam is so incredibly profitable that Fred can afford to do it.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
it's true....those were pretty heady days for us back at FEDERAL EXPRESS - back when any mention at all of the IBT would've drawn a condescending glare from virtually any employee.

Look at how far we've fallen now. Man, were we ever duped. I almost feel like we were the kids who got suckered in by the friendly neighborhood drug pusher. It was all so amazingly beautiful at first and we thought we had the world by the balls, but then eventually - little by little.......

VW employees take note - tomorrow may not be as sunny as today.
I couldn't agree more. Very well said.