don't you wish you worked for GM?

bbsam

Staff member
Here is a little clue, but shhh, don't tell bbsam. You guys are really employees. Employees can't have dot # assigned to them. Your so called " independence" is only a facade.
You've missed the past 10 years. We're incorporated and corporations can have DOT numbers.

P

prodriver

stopspecorporationpost: 1277334 said:
Ah, but you don't. As long as there is a FedEx sticker on your truck you will never have a dot #.
We can put our corporation name on van if we wanted

P

prodriver

[quotwaHomeDelivery, post: 1277429, member: 33696"]that used to be the scene a few years ago, but not at the terminals i'm at...

they took their "Operated by Mustafa Corp" lettering off and now just have "Operated by FedEx Ground" w/ the DOT # underneath...[/quote]
Just a few of the contractors do it at the one I work out of.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Perhaps. But comparisons are stark when pair one of the world's leading delivery companies to one of the world's leading automobile makers.

Please remember that VW uber-management comes from a European perspective, where unionization is the norm, and highly successful partnerships have been forged between labor and management. VW is smart enough to know that unions aren't necessarily a bad thing.

Serf

Please remember that VW uber-management comes from a European perspective, where unionization is the norm, and highly successful partnerships have been forged between labor and management. VW is smart enough to know that unions aren't necessarily a bad thing.
True, European perspective. Union's are a terrible thing. They also have universal healthcare, it is the norm as well. Us, as a nation are literally divided 50-50 on both of these issues. I am sure it works for them. But comparing US States (especially southern) to the European Union is crazy.

White Line

I completely agree, most the CSA issues have been on the line haul side of the house, and a lot of the violations besides the language barrier that you pointed out were for the drivers not carrying their medical cards, sounds dumb but it was a issue that was constantly addressed at our round tables, to Grounds credit at least at my domicile they corrected the problem by having us show our medical cards to the dispatcher before they give us our TLCRs and dispatch us, no card no dispatch, also the high number of roll overs involving sets, particularly with the team operations hasn't helped matters either.