Door to door salesmen

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
The union is selling names via the insurance mailers they send out. Nothing is free...

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The union is selling names via the insurance mailers they send out. Nothing is free...

I take those mailers, stuff everything, including the outside envelope, in to the return, postage paid envelope, and send it back to the company. I didn't join the union to get this crap in the mail.

moreluck

golden ticket member
This UPSer would be upset if one of them came to my door.
What, no handshake and welcoming???
No supporting the bettering of themselves? It's just their job.
You said there would be opposition for anyone standing in their way.

Here's your words.....
I will always support those trying to better themselves.

I will always oppose those who stand in the way of their efforts.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I had to fill out form because my Local upgraded our accidental death policy by 500 bucks. When I clicked send it says a rep will contact you. Why can't anything be free without an up sell?

gingerkat

This happened to me a while back. Two surprise visitors while I was outside watering the plants. I was a little pissed off at my husband when I thought he agreed to meet them. They kept talking and talking. I finally stopped them by telling them that I had my license and if anyone was going to buy supplemental insurance, it would go through me and I would get the commission, not them. Those union insurance reps never bothered us again.

Sadly, there is nothing you can do to prevent them from "door knocking or cold calling", other than tell them to their face to go away and never come back. It is actually a common practice in certain areas of insurance.

rod

Retired 22 years
We had the same thing happen awhile back but it was people supposedly selling insurance through the VFW. (a free $1,000 policy but they have to come to your house so you could sign for it). The wife had taken the call and got suckered into setting up an appointment for the next day. Long story short---they never showed -they called later to set up another appt.--I had answered the phone- told them to send me the form for the free insurance part of it and we wouldn't be meeting them at the house.. Never heard back from them.

rod

Retired 22 years

I get crap in the mail all the time from insurance companies that are "Teamster Union" endorsed. They usually even put a big IBT logo on the envelope to make it look official.

oldngray

nowhere special
I get crap in the mail all the time from insurance companies that are "Teamster Union" endorsed. They usually even put a big IBT logo on the envelope to make it look official.

I got one of those crap insurance cards in mail today that pays 50% :surprised: of prescriptions!

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Really....

How do you know that ??

Hasn't Liberty Mutual contacted you ??

-Bug-
Liberty Mutual, no - Teamsters life- yes. The $1000 of insurance is free, but be prepared to get a sales call.

I guess the union gets some money for all this?

Inthegame

Liberty Mutual, no - Teamsters life- yes. The $1000 of insurance is free, but be prepared to get a sales call.

I guess the union gets some money for all this?
You guess wrong. The Union pays for the insurance on your behalf and depending on experience (yearly claims paid) gets a refund. The offered insurance is from a Union insurance company. No one is under any obligation to buy any additional coverage.