Doorbells and dogs

snoopy

So I sometimes get aggrivated after ringing my seventh doorbell in a row and hearing a dog yapping. So much so I don't even ring doorbells anymore. Broke a doorbell into a million pieces the other night too. Just figure it's better to leave the things alone, since they always bring unwanted trouble. Like lady opens door, dog runs out and tries to bite u, u get pissed etc. I will ring doorbell sometimes still but more often I dont. Why do u ring or not ring and why does 70% of houses have a dog?

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
So I sometimes get aggrivated after ringing my seventh doorbell in a row and hearing a dog yapping. So much so I don't even ring doorbells anymore. Broke a doorbell into a million pieces the other night too. Just figure it's better to leave the things alone, since they always bring unwanted trouble. Like lady opens door, dog runs out and tries to bite u, u get :censored2: etc. I will ring doorbell sometimes still but more often I dont. Why do u ring or not ring and why does 70% of houses have a dog?
Stop, drop and roll. No need for customer contact.

For me as a helper I do package down then doorbell or knock and leave ASAP, but on some doorsteps if I am in tune with delivering I will do: Package down and door bell at the same time and then leave ASAP. Many houses have dogs already barking and know that I am there before I am up to the door.

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
I know this is off topic, but the during the PCM they keep harping on honking horn at stop to attract attention especially for dogs, do they not know by now that dogs know we are coming from a block away. smh

worldwide

Stop, drop and roll. No need for customer contact.

Given the increase in theft of packages this time of year, why not ring the doorbell or knock? Regardless of the reasons, it's part of the methods. One of the top complaints from customers is that drivers never ring the doorbell or knock so this is an easy concern to fix and takes no additional time when you are at the door.

Purplepackage

I like walking up to a house and just when you start going back to the truck you hear a chain moving and very Intimidating bark, that'll get you moving loo

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
So I sometimes get aggrivated after ringing my seventh doorbell in a row and hearing a dog yapping. So much so I don't even ring doorbells anymore. Broke a doorbell into a million pieces the other night too. Just figure it's better to leave the things alone, since they always bring unwanted trouble. Like lady opens door, dog runs out and tries to bite u, u get :censored2: etc. I will ring doorbell sometimes still but more often I dont. Why do u ring or not ring and why does 70% of houses have a dog?
Maybe because people are animal lovers would be my best guess there CAPTAIN OBVIOUS lol.

BoxStomper69

Goldmember
I ring the doorbell and wait for the customer because 99% of my deliveries are commercial. It's a nice change of pace and I usually have the time for it. If it were mostly residentials or even half, I'd still ring the doorbell but sprint back the to truck.

underworked1

I'm in my truck taking off by the time the dogs or people know I'm there. Like a :censored2:ing ninja

underworked1

I ring the doorbell and wait for the customer because 99% of my deliveries are commercial. It's a nice change of pace and I usually have the time for it. If it were mostly residentials or even half, I'd still ring the doorbell but sprint back the to truck.
We don't sprint. We walk at a brisk pace, using designated walk paths. While scanning the area for hidden dangers, such as dogs or uneven walk paths.

underworked1

Maybe because people are animal lovers would be my best guess there CAPTAIN OBVIOUS lol.
My question is why do the section 8 and :censored2:ty hood areas make it mandatory to own pit bulls. Also why are their kids never in school and just open the :censored2:ing door to let Mr pit bull out. Whwre is mom and dad

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
Given the increase in theft of packages this time of year, why not ring the doorbell or knock? Regardless of the reasons, it's part of the methods. One of the top complaints from customers is that drivers never ring the doorbell or knock so this is an easy concern to fix and takes no additional time when you are at the door.
Yup, and we don't pee in bottles either

BrownThunder

Last time I rang the doorbell, it sounded like there were 101 Dalmatians behind the door ready for my blood.

Nowadays for a bullsh_t ass resi? DR and bounce they'll get it when they decide to stop ordering :censored2: online and come outside of the house

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
My question is why do the section 8 and :censored2:ty hood areas make it mandatory to own pit bulls. Also why are their kids never in school and just open the :censored2:ing door to let Mr pit bull out. Whwre is mom and dad
Good question i wonder the same thing. Actually i have the answer, its all about status in the hood. Whos got the fattest car or rims or the baddest dogg lol. Just the way it is really in the LBC lmfao

neiko

For ride along I ring bells just to piss of my boss . He kept saying no customer contact . I only ring bell if its dark out and late and everyone is home .