Doorbells and dogs

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by snoopy, Dec 16, 2015.

1. snoopy

snoopy New Member

So I sometimes get aggrivated after ringing my seventh doorbell in a row and hearing a dog yapping. So much so I don't even ring doorbells anymore. Broke a doorbell into a million pieces the other night too. Just figure it's better to leave the things alone, since they always bring unwanted trouble. Like lady opens door, dog runs out and tries to bite u, u get :censored2: etc. I will ring doorbell sometimes still but more often I dont. Why do u ring or not ring and why does 70% of houses have a dog?
  2. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

Stop, drop and roll. No need for customer contact.
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. Clock Sucker

Clock Sucker I handle a lot of packages

I rarely use doorbells, I just knock (most the time with my diad)
  4. Theupserinbrown!

Theupserinbrown! New Member

For me as a helper I do package down then doorbell or knock and leave ASAP, but on some doorsteps if I am in tune with delivering I will do: Package down and door bell at the same time and then leave ASAP. Many houses have dogs already barking and know that I am there before I am up to the door.
  5. DriveInDriveOut

DriveInDriveOut The One Who Knocks

Ring Doorbell.
    Dogs go crazy barking.
    Hear owner screaming "SHUT UP!" at top of their lungs as I get back in the car.
    SMH, must suck to be your neighbor.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. Scottyhawk

Scottyhawk What is it? A brown box. Duh

I know this is off topic, but the during the PCM they keep harping on honking horn at stop to attract attention especially for dogs, do they not know by now that dogs know we are coming from a block away. smh
  7. worldwide

worldwide Active Member

Given the increase in theft of packages this time of year, why not ring the doorbell or knock? Regardless of the reasons, it's part of the methods. One of the top complaints from customers is that drivers never ring the doorbell or knock so this is an easy concern to fix and takes no additional time when you are at the door.
  8. 3 done 3 to go

3 done 3 to go In control of my own destiny

I rarely ring the bell or go up stairs. Walk th the porch edge. Set down and slide to the door. Out in the sticks. Little customer contact
  9. BrownTexas

BrownTexas Well-Known Member

I like the people that put the "don't ring bell, baby sleeping" so I knock and the dog goes crazy. Lol.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List

1BROWNWRENCH Amatuer Malthusian

My Golden would notice the doorbell, but not go crazy. He sincerely wanted to come say "Hi".
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  11. Purplepackage

Purplepackage Well-Known Member

I like walking up to a house and just when you start going back to the truck you hear a chain moving and very Intimidating bark, that'll get you moving loo
  12. jumpman23

jumpman23 Oh Yeah

Maybe because people are animal lovers would be my best guess there CAPTAIN OBVIOUS lol.
  13. BoxStomper69

BoxStomper69 Goldmember

I ring the doorbell and wait for the customer because 99% of my deliveries are commercial. It's a nice change of pace and I usually have the time for it. If it were mostly residentials or even half, I'd still ring the doorbell but sprint back the to truck.
  14. underworked1

underworked1 Active Member

I'm in my truck taking off by the time the dogs or people know I'm there. Like a :censored2:ing ninja
  15. underworked1

We don't sprint. We walk at a brisk pace, using designated walk paths. While scanning the area for hidden dangers, such as dogs or uneven walk paths.
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  16. underworked1

My question is why do the section 8 and :censored2:ty hood areas make it mandatory to own pit bulls. Also why are their kids never in school and just open the :censored2:ing door to let Mr pit bull out. Whwre is mom and dad
  17. hellfire

hellfire no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG

Yup, and we don't pee in bottles either
  18. BrownThunder

BrownThunder Active Member

Last time I rang the doorbell, it sounded like there were 101 Dalmatians behind the door ready for my blood.

Nowadays for a bullsh_t ass resi? DR and bounce they'll get it when they decide to stop ordering :censored2: online and come outside of the house
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  19. jumpman23

jumpman23 Oh Yeah

Good question i wonder the same thing. Actually i have the answer, its all about status in the hood. Whos got the fattest car or rims or the baddest dogg lol. Just the way it is really in the LBC lmfao
  20. neiko

neiko Member

For ride along I ring bells just to piss of my boss . He kept saying no customer contact . I only ring bell if its dark out and late and everyone is home .