nystripe96

So today my shop steward said that the DOT hours of service went up to 70. Does this all but guarantee a 6 day work week next comtract?

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
So today my shop steward said that the DOT hours of service went up to 70. Does this all but guarantee a 6 day work week next comtract?

The DOT has always had 70 hours in 8 days. This was used mainly by over the road truck drivers that basically worked 7 days a week.

UPS, traditionally, has only worked 5 days a week so always abided by the 60 hours in a 7 day period.

Now, UPS basically works 7 days a week. Not everywhere, but there is always someplace working Saturday and Sunday.

This now leaves UPS the option to use the 70/8 instead of the 60/7.

They have gone to the 70/8 in many locations. I have not heard if UPS has informed the DOT that the entire operation is switching to the 70/8 rule. Right now, it is regionally.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
The DOT has always had 70 hours in 8 days. This was used mainly by over the road truck drivers that basically worked 7 days a week.

UPS, traditionally, has only worked 5 days a week so always abided by the 60 hours in a 7 day period.

Now, UPS basically works 7 days a week. Not everywhere, but there is always someplace working Saturday and Sunday.

This now leaves UPS the option to use the 70/8 instead of the 60/7.

They have gone to the 70/8 in many locations. I have not heard if UPS has informed the DOT that the entire operation is switching to the 70/8 rule. Right now, it is regionally.

Still not a peep in our neck of the woods. To rural for now.

JL 0513

Funny some of you guys think 60 hours a week is a lot. You've had it good for too long. Until I became a driver, it was always 2 jobs 60 hrs a week year after year after year just to get by. Same for lots of people out there.

35years

Gravy route
Funny some of you guys think 60 hours a week is a lot. You've had it good for too long. Until I became a driver, it was always 2 jobs 60 hrs a week year after year after year just to get by. Same for lots of people out there.
Funny you guys who suck up to management think working is more important than family time and that UPS has a right to all your hours.

Keep drinking the Kool-aid.