DOT Card

brown67

Got my DOT physical appointment tomorrow and printed out the paper from upsers.com. I noticed that one of the pages is a Medical Exam Certificate just like our small one we carry, except its 8 1/2 by 11 inches. Otherwise its the same. Do we still need the small card or has something changed since I last got a physical?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Got my DOT physical appointment tomorrow and printed out the paper from upsers.com. I noticed that one of the pages is a Medical Exam Certificate just like our small one we carry, except its 8 1/2 by 11 inches. Otherwise its the same. Do we still need the small card or has something changed since I last got a physical?

Yes, you still need the small card, which will be given to you upon the completion of your exam and which you must carry with you at all times.

sppollock

No, that is your new small card. Several drivers here in Freight have just gone to the yard and used our copy machine to shrink it down, otherwise that is your new small card.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
Make sure it's completely filled out. My last physical I went to the doctor and had to go back to the hub to get the paperwork printed on their computer.

The other dispatcher told me that I couldn't print it on my home computer because not all of the fields will print. That was about a year ago, might have changed or be different in your area.

Last edited:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Make sure it's completely filled out. My last physical I went to the doctor and had to go back to the hub to get the paperwork printed on their computer.

The other dispatcher told me that I couldn't print it on my home computer because not all of the fields will print. That was about a year ago, might have changed or be different in your area.

Your dispatcher was incorrect. You should have no problem printing out all of the necessary paper work on your home computer. The only question is whether you want to waste your ink and paper or UPS's ink and paper.