DOT hours

Indecisi0n

I am a casual, can someone explain the DOT hour regulations please? Thanks in advance. Is there a way to check your hours mid-week or do you guys just keep track of your time manually?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We signed a DOT hours certification form in my center last week. You can not drive more than 12 hours per day, 60 hours per week. You can work up to 14 hours a day but can only drive for 12 of those and must have 10 hours off before you start your next shift. These rules apply to all drivers, FT, PT or casual.

A lot of the guys keep track of their hours themselves.

Last edited:
If you`re on the new IVIS there is a Options choice you can access that show you`re available work hours at any given time.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
We signed a DOT hours certification form in my center last week. You can not drive more than 12 hours per day, 60 hours per week. You can work up to 14 hours a day but can only drive for 12 of those and must have 10 hours off before you start your next shift. These rules apply to all drivers, FT, PT or casual.

A lot of the guys keep track of their hours themselves.

I didn't sign their form they are responsible for. They will keep track of your hours. They don't want to pay the DOT fine

I didn't sign their form they are responsible for. They will keep track of your hours. They don't want to pay the DOT fine

Uh you might want to get over that train of thought. You violate and get pulled over YOU will get the ticket. They might get the fine but YOU will get walked out the gate.

A

anonymous6

You can ask thm if not sure.

If you work anywhere else, even if it is not driving, those hrs count for DOT hrs. Don't violate no matter what. Big fines for you and the company.

The co. should give you an info card or sheet with summary of dot hrs regs.

Signature Only

Blue in Brown
UPS is responsible for tracking driver's hours. Driver hours are reported via computer to the DOT weekly. If you are over the DOT limit, UPS and the employee, are subject to fines.

So it's a good idea to keep track of your hours.

bumped

Never been close to 60 on the clock for a week. Hopefully that doesn't change.

I will the week before Christmas. I want to get to as close to 60 hours that I can by Friday, so there is no chance of being forced to work on Saturday. I will let my helper go early that week if I have to.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I will the week before Christmas. I want to get to as close to 60 hours that I can by Friday, so there is no chance of being forced to work on Saturday. I will let my helper go early that week if I have to.

What's the big deal about working a few hours on Sat? Not gonna happen anyway.

HomeDelivery

they will probably utilize all the casuals and seasonal drivers for that day... come back on Dec 24 & rep this message when they do so!

I know FedEx Home Delivery will be out there on that day; we work Tues-Sat normally & I have a spidey- sense that they'll use the temp drivers to help cover the FT regular drivers from going over DOT hours