DOT PHYSICAL Is there a drug test.

jtk0307

thanks! My skin is thick. I was a marine b4 UPS. Just don't like when I come for answers and trolls completely change the subject or flame me, etc. Not saying that is what you were doing. Anyways. Thanks for all the replies. Got the answer i needed for sure.

gingerkat

OP, first of, I don't think you really need to explain to anyone why you're on any of these meds. Kudos though for weaning yourself off of something so addictive. Tramadol is a banned substance? That is a good pain relief choice that pain clinics like to use because it's non narcotic and it's non addicting. With that being said, it can be dangerous to some. I took about 10 pills in a week (under what I was supposed to take) and when I developed shoulder pain I found out that I was in the beginning stages of liver failure.

Like I suggested before, have your doctor run a blood test checking your liver & kidney functions before you have to do it for work. Otherwise you're just going to create more anxiety for yourself. I know you really wanted the answer to "is there a drug test", so sorry for all this extra.

I understand getting upset at those that don't fully understand the Klonopin thing. But, most people don't know anyone taking it, therefore don't understand it. Actually Klonopin is primarily used for seizures and panic disorder NOT bipolar. Where is that fella that always say's "google is your friend"? LOL.

Good luck and I hope you feel better.

Klonopin (clonazepam) Information from Drugs.com

onehandsolo

A few things to remeber a physician can renew or decline your dot card if you our prescribed certain meds eg sleeping pills and pain killers. In my case the physician overseeing my physical consulted with my physician and decided to issue me a new card. He did inform of the issues with these meds and to be sure they did not prohibit me from driving safe. Basicaly I take a sleeping pill on Friday nights so I can unwind and occaisonaly pop a pain killer on Saturday. Every driver should read the contract and be aware of the drug testing and substance abuse policies. Also dot, Ups and the insurance company all have different policies. A few years back some drivers were taking of the road for not disclosing the prescription meds they were taking during there dot physical. The dot can clear you to work but if you have an accident and are drug tested you can still be disclipined if to much of a banned substance is in your body. good luck

working up a sweat

I wizzed into the cup for my DOT phsys. They don't check for drugs. They check for other health issues. I went again for hazmat responder. They make you blow into a tube until you almost pass out. I passed that one too.

Indecisi0n

If you take a prescription drug totally unrelated to anything DOT (for stomach issues) safe drug no interference with driving do you have to tell them? I hate giving out my medical history if its not required.

GameCockFan

OP, first of, I don't think you really need to explain to anyone why you're on any of these meds. Kudos though for weaning yourself off of something so addictive. Tramadol is a banned substance? That is a good pain relief choice that pain clinics like to use because it's non narcotic and it's non addicting. With that being said, it can be dangerous to some. I took about 10 pills in a week (under what I was supposed to take) and when I developed shoulder pain I found out that I was in the beginning stages of liver failure.

Like I suggested before, have your doctor run a blood test checking your liver & kidney functions before you have to do it for work. Otherwise you're just going to create more anxiety for yourself. I know you really wanted the answer to "is there a drug test", so sorry for all this extra.

I understand getting upset at those that don't fully understand the Klonopin thing. But, most people don't know anyone taking it, therefore don't understand it. Actually Klonopin is primarily used for seizures and panic disorder NOT bipolar. Where is that fella that always say's "google is your friend"? LOL.

Good luck and I hope you feel better.

Klonopin (clonazepam) Information from Drugs.com

Brand name: KlonopinLegal status: Schedule IV controlled substance
Pregnancy risk: Category D (Positive evidence of risk)
May treat: Epilepsy, Bipolar disorder, Panic disorder, Schizophrenia, More
Drug class: Benzodiazepine

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
I've seen some of the worst drunks and druggies get caught with reasonable cause and they're back in a month or two , off of SAP. To say that one failed drug test is the end is either lying, or just misinformed.
Unless you test positive after an serious accident. Then you're done.

PrimoKS1

don't you just have to admit a drug problem and go to rehab or drug classes or whatever? A one time deal?

As a side note, I don't use illegal drugs but it's funny how everyone bashes people that smoke pot or whatever when many many of them go for drinks all the time. It doesn't take but what maybe 2 drinks to be over the limit. So it's ok for you to break the law because it is beer but not for a pothead to smoke. Who made you god. they are both wrong and against the law. And yes i do drink and I do have a DWI.

Creeping through old posts when suddenly, the plot thickens. haha

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
don't you just have to admit a drug problem and go to rehab or drug classes or whatever? A one time deal?

As a side note, I don't use illegal drugs but it's funny how everyone bashes people that smoke pot or whatever when many many of them go for drinks all the time. It doesn't take but what maybe 2 drinks to be over the limit. So it's ok for you to break the law because it is beer but not for a pothead to smoke. Who made you god. they are both wrong and against the law. And yes i do drink and I do have a DWI.

imagesFHM9Q5VV.jpg

BrownChoice

Bringing back an old post.. If people read the actual contract, you would know which medications you can/cannot take.

Legally prescribed controlled substances can be taken, as long as taking prescribed amounts. Tolerance is your friend here. BUT, sleeping medications are risky, especially long acting benzodiazepines that build up in a persons system to where it can be unpredictable in some circumstances.

All this and I will say I do not condone it.