DOT physical

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Box_Junkie, Oct 15, 2008.

1. Box_Junkie

Box_Junkie Member

Yep, got violated by the local company doc today.... All must be well he signed the card. The doc we have here is a pretty decent guy with a sense of humor. Today he advised me to switch from beer to scotch whiskey,....Weight must be up slightly.:happy2: Ran into a guy I know from high school outside. He was working for a place that does flood damage repair and smoke damage repair, and apparently has a company truck he drives. He seemed nervous about the urine sample part of the physical as he said he smokes doobies from time to time. He said he has stopped for a couple weeks now. Hes a scrawney guy so he may have a chance. Felt bad for him, I would hate to find out he lost his job in these times over some freakin pot. This got me thinking, I don't smoke so I never even thought twice, but does that urine sample we pkg. car drivers give get tested for drugs or just diabetes? I used to smoke with my friends, but quit when I started UPS and haven't looked back I ain't risking this job for nothing!:smart:
  2. LiL"Comet"

LiL"Comet" New Member

No its not tested for drugs just health issues, which is so crazy that drvrs are not tested (besides tdp random). You would think everyone would be tested regardless but were not. What surprised me the most is when being hired there was no drug test.
    Can you imagine how many people would loose their jobs if everyone across the board was tested.:surprised:
  3. faded jeans

faded jeans just a member

I don't know what it ( sample ) gets tested for, but I'm not worried. Haven't even had a beer for the last 7 years.
  4. over9five

over9five Senior Member

...And that's why they don't test everybody. They wouldn't be able to run the business!
  5. faded jeans

faded jeans just a member

I'm all for that. I would make a big jump in seniority.:wink2:
  6. over9five

over9five Senior Member

Heck, you'd probably have a window office in Atlanta!
  7. scratch

scratch Least Best Moderator Staff Member

The DOT physical is a joke as far as physicals go. The urine sample is just to check for diabetes, not drugs. Too bad, we had a driver about ten years ago who died from an overdose. Nobody had a clue he was having problems.
  8. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

My big excitement from teh physical has been taken away. They even reach up your shorts anymore and tell you to turn and cough. Now they check for hernia right along the waistline. the most action I get in 2 years and they took it away. Jerks!!!!
  9. soberups

soberups Pees in the brown KoolAid

I hate it when Dr. Longfinger snaps on the glove and wants to get in touch with your inner self. The worst part is when you notice that both of his hands are on your shoulders.....:surprised:
  10. Sorry we have a female PN, darn not even a real doctor.
    As long as you show up breathing you pass.
  11. evilleace

evilleace Member

wish they tested everyone I believe I would be driving tommorow if they did!
  12. tritese

tritese tritese

If they drug tested across the board, I too would jump in seniority. Big Jump!!
  13. Photog

Photog The Perfect Picture Mod Staff Member

The last time I had that done, Doc told me my tonsils felt fine.
  14. chev

chev Nightcrawler

:surprised::surprised: Doc prefers the big toe, eh? :biting: Oh wow. both feet on the floor. I guess that only leaves one option. :wink2: Just grin and bear it. This will all be over in a minute.
    Now where is that pituitary gland? I know it's up there somewhere.....
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2008