DOT Physical

Theichii

Do we get paid for this time? I know we don't for when we are first hired, but my two years are up and time for a new one.

over9five

Staff member
Like everything else at UPS, it depends where you are.

HERE, we get two hours straight time to get a physical.

EmerCond421

Last time I checked, physical is in diad. Not sure of time allotment probably 1 hour. Would rather not do a physical while working tho - imo.

rod

Retired 22 years
I got paid for everyone I had for 30 years. Don't let your local management bullshxx you about not getting paid for it. Check with your local Union to see what the policy is where your are.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Here you do not get paid for the time; the company schedules them for you in the AM prior to your normal start time. If you wind up being late to work however, you do get paid from your normal start time.

Theichii

Here you do not get paid for the time; the company schedules them for you in the AM prior to your normal start time. If you wind up being late to work however, you do get paid from your normal start time.

I asked around today and that is pretty much what they said. But this gets a little tricky on today. I was scheduled for a physical at 8 am, with a start time of 930. But everyone that was supposed to start at 930 started at 830 because we *gasp* ran earlier than planned today. So while everyone is leaving at 830 I'm stuck at the doctor till 10. So does my start time move up to when everyone else started?

Stran

Holy Toledo
We get them at the company doctor on our own time. Usually go on a Saturday morning. The paper work is given to us 30 days prior to the expiration of the old one. We are responsible to see that it is done on time.

bbsam

Staff member
This all seems strange to me. Do you also get paid for the time it takes to renew your driver's liscense?

tarbar66

I never thought too much about the DOT physical itself as being paid for time considering the company pays for the physical.

What I always found amusing was the random monthly drug screen for feeders. Management would usually grab me right after I came off a run when I was walking out of the mens room. There was no feeder management or dispatch on site so someone from package would just be looking for you about the time you were finishing up or there would be a note in your FTM slot.. Since I had just went, the wait at the collection site took a while longer for my sample to be available. The wait time made up for not being paid for the DOT physical.:happy2:

tarbar66

I did ------- the delivery at the drivers liscense office just took a little longer that day:wink2:

I had quite a few drivers license renewal pictures taken while I was delivering to a photo license center. I may have even made it break time too.