DOT Physical

union4life

Can disclosing certain medicines hurt my chances at passing
Yes. If you have taken certain medications for seizures or the like, there is a chance you may not get your DOT card. Some medications are listed with the DOT and you must be off of them for a set time frame before they will issue a new card. That time frame could be as long as 5 years.

rod

Retired 22 years
I don't know what it is like now----- (that statement is so that upstate don't get his undies in a wad)---- but for the most part it used to be they held a cold mirror up to your nostrils and if you fogged it up - you passed. It was a joke to actually call it a "physical".

Dizzee

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
Just tell the doc not to go past the first knuckle, you should be fine.

Untitled-170.png

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Littlelady:

Be sure that you get PAID for your DOT physical. The time it takes to complete the online form, as well as in the office and travel to and from.

littlelady

Just so everyone knows they do drug test first time hires at DOT test.They also pick up prescription meds and tell your employer what they are.When I brought up my HIPPA rights they pretty much said tough smile* just thought someone might find this helpful.Especially when certian prescription meds can dq u or hold up the process.

Just so everyone knows they do drug test first time hires at DOT test.They also pick up prescription meds and tell your employer what they are.When I brought up my HIPPA rights they pretty much said tough smile* just thought someone might find this helpful.Especially when certian prescription meds can dq u or hold up the process.

When you sign the bottom of the forms that goes out the window, sorry.

menotyou

bella amicizia
When I last did my re-cert., it was the same as the first time. Pee in a cup to check for sugar. The pee cup never left my sight. He did the test right in front of me. Pee went down the drain. I said something the last time, "that's all you test for?". His response, "yup.". Our dr is pretty cool.

As for HIPPA rules, if your rights were violated would depend on exactly what you signed. I hear they are trying to get us to disclose all of our health history. They can pound salt before I will hand over my history. They sat on certain in-house surveillance that could have gotten me back to work in 2 minutes had they disclosed it to me when I needed it for that certain package. Salt, I say. Salt.