Dot physical

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
When I went for my physical I told them explicitly it was a non-CDL DOT physical for UPS and they said they would send the paperwork to UPS once it was over. My HR rep says she still hasn't received it nearly 3 weeks later, so I've no idea who the hell they sent it to. In the end I just let her photocopy the info so I now have my card. Still waiting for the road test though, even though I'm supposed to be doing the week long training week starting July 13.
We are just now getting bills from a procedure my wife had in March. It takes awhile.

Inthegame

They most def do have something to do with them rookie... When you fail your dot physical and need sleep study's More doctor appts etc..... All that used to be covered 100%... NOW ITS NOT!! You really thought u had me there rookie
Relax Francis, I'm far from a rookie. The point I was responding to and the point that you completely missed on (again) was the original posters complaint that he was sent a bill for a UPS physical, and you piped up with a shot at TeamCare. UPS is contractually obligated to pay for the required DOT physical (as BUG accurately pointed out). If at that DOT physical another health condition is noted (as MUG accurately pointed out), that is no longer a UPS physical but your personal health issue which will then be covered by your insurance.
The FACT remains that UPS pays for the DOT physical, not TeamCare.
In the meantime, DOT doctors can still withhold your medical certificate until you get a sleep apnea test done if they suspect, with more information than just the FMCSA guidelines, that a person has sleep apnea.
And that is exactly why our BA's caution our members on what they say to a DOT doctor. Mention you fall asleep watching TV and you've given the "more information" that'll get that DOT doc to order a sleep test. By all means get help if you need it, but get that help from your doctor, not the company hired DOT physical quack.

anHOURover

Relax Francis, I'm far from a rookie. The point I was responding to and the point that you completely missed on (again) was the original posters complaint that he was sent a bill for a UPS physical, and you piped up with a shot at TeamCare. UPS is contractually obligated to pay for the required DOT physical (as BUG accurately pointed out). If at that DOT physical another health condition is noted (as MUG accurately pointed out), that is no longer a UPS physical but your personal health issue which will then be covered by your insurance.

And that is exactly why our BA's caution our members on what they say to a DOT doctor. Mention you fall asleep watching TV and you've given the "more information" that'll get that DOT doc to order a sleep test. By all means get help if you need it, but get that help from your doctor, not the company hired DOT physical quack.

BUGGER ALSO Falsely claimed that it's the company's responsibly for all tests and treatment in regards to failing your physical!

Inthegame

BUGGER ALSO Falsely claimed that it's the company's responsibly for all tests and treatment in regards to failing your physical!
OK, try this...read a post, concentrate on that post, and respond to that post. If you feel the need to respond to another post, respond to that post. It works much better that way...

10 point

I was on the clock for every physical I had. If its scheduled during your normal working hours its paid time. Those of you who take it while on vacation are cheating yourself out of a few bucks.
Maybe blood pressure is better on vacation.

Johney

Once again THE BUGGER THINKS he knows it all!
YOU'RE WRONG AGAIN brother BUGGER...
You're welcome for the education.... Try to Change your Nasty mr know it all attitude .... You really look like a fool when you're proven wrong!!
I learn something new everyday but I speak on experience..
Jesus man come on!

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less

Disclaimer: I'm a non-DOT employee, but to expound a little bit on what you've said..

The best advice I've received is to complain about having trouble sleeping to a physician in order to have a doctor-ordered sleep apnea test, while will be billed to and covered by TeamCare.

If the test is required due to the DOT physical, then the employee is on the hook for the cost of the test.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Disclaimer: I'm a non-DOT employee, but to expound a little bit on what you've said..

The best advice I've received is to complain about having trouble sleeping to a physician in order to have a doctor-ordered sleep apnea test, while will be billed to and covered by TeamCare.

If the test is required due to the DOT physical, then the employee is on the hook for the cost of the test.

And this is "proof positive".

That.... there are actual UPS Stewards involved here.

-Bug-

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I was on the clock for every physical I had. If its scheduled during your normal working hours its paid time. Those of you who take it while on vacation are cheating yourself out of a few bucks.
I get my physical on my vacation and tell payroll. they add a couple hours on my next check under the subject physical. maybe my payroll guy is nice and just doing me a favor.

rod

Retired 22 years
I get my physical on my vacation and tell payroll. they add a couple hours on my next check under the subject physical. maybe my payroll guy is nice and just doing me a favor.

I see upstate called BS on your post. I believe you because you can't put anything on the internet that isn't true.