Dot short haul rules

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by rkctkc, Jan 27, 2016.

1. rkctkc

rkctkc Member

So, I'm a feeder driver and I got sent back to package car this week. This was from the training that I took at ups a few weeks ago while in feeders. This says for cdl holders, package and feeders. Does this mean I have to do a log if I'm not off the clock by 12 hours, and I took my lunch break from 12-1 so if I'm not off work by 9, I have to take another 30 min break? Or, does this only apply when I'm driving a vehicle requiring the class a?

Attached Files:

2. Mst3k

Mst3k Member

I never do a log. That stuff is kept track of electronically. Just make sure to take your lunch and get off the clock before your 14th hour.

Time spent parked does not count as driving time and would be a nightmare to log by hand.

3. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

The Ivis is the same thing as a logbook. If your Ivis is working, you are keeping a log.

4. rkctkc

rkctkc Member

There is no ivis in package car.

5. Johney

Johney Raise your hand if you think Upstate is a D-Bag

Reread the very first line. Are driving more than 100(as the crow flies)miles away from your center?

6. rkctkc

rkctkc Member

I'm asking about the 12 hour rule and log. No I'm not going farther than 100 miles

7. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Your log would be the DIAD and, yes, if you go over 12 hours, you would be required to take an additional 30 minute break.

8. rod

rod retired and happy

My condolences to you for getting sent back to package----you poor soul.

9. Jones

Jones fILE A GRIEVE! Staff Member

No, you don't have to keep a log.