DOT violations

El Correcto

god is dead
What is considered a violation, how do I avoid having them if I'm instructed to have them. Today I clocked off with 1 minute remaining, after instructed by a sup to stay out an additional 10 minutes delivering, which I did. :sad-very:

upschuck

We had a guy fined several thousand dollars because he violated them. Feeder drivers sit on side of road all the time, when they run out of hours, and wait for sup to come get them. Don't know how that would be coded to show you not driving, in PC.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
What is considered a violation, how do I avoid having them if I'm instructed to have them. Today I clocked off with 1 minute remaining, after instructed by a sup to stay out an additional 10 minutes delivering, which I did. :sad-very:
It's you're respsonbility to know the DOT rules and follow them, don't let management instruct you to violate them, it's your ass on the line if you do. Best to learn them and not count on your sup to keep you from paying a huge fine and getting a warning letter and possibly fired.
https://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/regulations/title49/section/395.3

Never drive without 10 hours off duty, including other jobs.
Never drive a vehicle after 14 hours on duty.
Never drive after 60 hours on duty in a 7 day period.
If you drive over 12 hours or over 100 miles as the crow flies from your center, you are required to to take a 30 minute break ending before the 8th hour on duty.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Saw that code before, wondered what it was for. I am sure the higher ups don't like that for PC.
Officially:hate it

Unofficially:Use it.

There are other uses for it besides going over 14. Mostly for when cover drivers run satellite routes and have to drive up.

El Correcto

god is dead
Who is being trained?
That's the only time, absent an "act of god", that supervisor can drive a vehicle.
I thought this be allowed considering any other union workers would either be gone or maxed out on their DOT as well. I'm definitely not going to walk back to the hub to clock off.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I thought this be allowed considering any other union workers would either be gone or maxed out on their DOT as well. I'm definitely not going to walk back to the hub to clock off.
No, taken the ride back on the clock.
I, as your steward, will file for the time it took the supervisor to drive your truck back, absent an "act of god".

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
But a union person is being paid for that work.
By your rational, it would then be OK to have a driver on TAW, with a 5lb weight restriction, ride along its a supe for 30 days?
I don't think l so.

I'm splitting hairs and would not do so if we weren't talking about dispatching package cars with 14 hrs plus.
It's inexcusable and I will fight it to the Nth degree.

Last edited: