DOT violations

upschuck

By your rational, it would then be OK to have a driver on TAW, with a 5lb weight restriction, ride along its a supe for 30 days?
I don't think l so.

I'm splitting hairs and would not do so if we weren't talking about dispatching package cars with 14 hrs plus.
It's inexcusable and I will fight it to the Nth degree.
Maybe the driver needs the money, and wants the work, if not he'd be on 9.5 list.

upschuck

Don't be so sure, they may not like explaining to a panel why they dispatched a route at 14+.

14+ "unbalances" the equation for all parties, especially for a company that claims to put "safety first".
During Christmas, not unheard of for people to run out of hours. A little hiccup on the way home, and they are over.

govols019

You smell that?
The times that I've run out of hours they have brought another employee to finish the route and the supervisor drove me back to the building in their personal car. It's happened more times than I care to remember.

Inthegame

I have gone over 14 hours a couple of times during peak. No fines. Supervisor just instructed me to not do it again.
You are allowed the exception to go over 14 under certain criteria but going over 14 makes it mathematically impossible to start at your next regular start time, unless this happens on your last day of your work week.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
You are allowed the exception to go over 14 under certain criteria but going over 14 makes it mathematically impossible to start at your next regular start time, unless this happens on your last day of your work week.

Correct. You can be extended up to 16 hours under the short haul exception but it can only be used once every 7 days.