Double Agent Union Rep

zul1732

What do you do if you can't trust your shop steward? I am one of many union employees at a small center without effective representation/support from local union officials... It's like the wild west here; lawless. And our "shop steward" looks out for management before union members. I have it on tape...

Inthegame

What do you do if you can't trust your shop steward? I am one of many union employees at a small center without effective representation/support from local union officials... It's like the wild west here; lawless. And our "shop steward" looks out for management before union members. I have it on tape...
Liam?

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less

1774_n_a_l_z.jpg

There's a pretty sweet sale going on right now: http://www.slugger.com/sale/l/50

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1448982536.112766.jpg

Dr.Brownz

It is against policy to record on ups property and you will get terminated

Dont tell people you recorded anything

tacken

And this is a surprise to you? Sorry about your situation and good luck. Keep notes on everything that you talk about dates times people in the conversation!!!!

Mink55

I was in a situation like yourself a few years ago. Some of these Stewards have an employee following that gets them voted in every election. Even if the Steward is a piece of S#%T it wont matter come election time. I called mine out because I believed he was really poor at his representation for employees. Guess what happened next? He spreads some BS rumor about me to all the other Stewards. I'd say most of the Stewards at my building cared more about getting their own asses wiped before helping out the employees they represent. That's just how it is. Yeah I suppose you could run for election but you better start making friends now. As for now everything is going great for me with my Shop Stewards. It couldn't be better for me now, I ended up transferring buildings/locals. Sometimes the only way to get out of a :censored2: hole is to escape. Good luck.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Sounds like you've got a rooster on your hands..

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Has the company recorded people??? If they have did they notify the parties involved?

There are quite a few states with a one party law. In other words, as long as one of the parties knows that it is being recorded, it is legal.

Problem here is that UPS has a policy against recording on, or in, company property. And we all know that there are two sets of rules. One for us and one for them.

So it is highly likely that management does not abide by this policy, or feels that this policy does not apply to management, and records conversations without the affected employees knowing about it. This is legal in one party states.

If you, as an employee, record on, or in, company property, you will be terminated.

I have to say, though, that I am not aware, and have never been involved in a hearing, where UPS has recorded a conversation without the employees knowledge.

10 point

There are quite a few states with a one party law. In other words, as long as one of the parties knows that it is being recorded, it is legal.

Problem here is that UPS has a policy against recording on, or in, company property. And we all know that there are two sets of rules. One for us and one for them.

So it is highly likely that management does not abide by this policy, or feels that this policy does not apply to management, and records conversations without the affected employees knowing about it. This is legal in one party states.

If you, as an employee, record on, or in, company property, you will be terminated.

I have to say, though, that I am not aware, and have never been involved in a hearing, where UPS has recorded a conversation without the employees knowledge.
Maybe you've not been involved in or heard of the company acknowledging they recorded a conversation illegally or used the info without divulging how they got their information.

It doesn't mean that they didn't do it.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Maybe you've not been involved in or heard of the company acknowledging they recorded a conversation illegally or used the info without divulging how they got their information.

It doesn't mean that they didn't do it.

Agreed. But if it hasn't ever been used in a hearing, who cares?