Double shifting question

DoctorMario

Im a part-timer and had a question about double shifting ? If they need a couple of people to double shift ,what determines who gets to work the extra shift ? Seniority ?

Sent using BrownCafe App

UPSGUY72

In the building I started working in each year they put up a sign up sheet for preloader to sign if they would like to work the local sort if help was need. It was also understood that if they needed people and you signed the list and they called you or ask you to work and you declined you where taken off the list.

You should ask if there is a sign up sheet for pre loader wanting to work the local sort if needed.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
So I can file a grievance if they let ppl below me work ?

Sent using BrownCafe App

If you're qualified, tell the supervisor in question you want to be called for that work. If they skip over you again, file a grievance and ask to be paid for the hours worked (including OT) by the junior member.

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
You would have to let them know you want to double shift before you would be able to grieve. If you have and they skip you for lower seniority person then you are owed for all time the junior person worked on the double shift.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If you're qualified, tell the supervisor in question you want to be called for that work. If they skip over you again, file a grievance and ask to be paid for the hours worked (including OT) by the junior member.
You would have to let them know you want to double shift before you would be able to grieve. If you have and they skip you for lower seniority person then you are owed for all time the junior person worked on the double shift.

Is there an echo in here?