Double time over 12 hours

dqs95124

Why don't we get paid double time if we work over 12 hrs? And when we work 14 hrs a day? Where is my extra break? 1 hr lunch 2 15min breaks and a 10 min break after 10 hrs. I think 14 hrs on road is to much. Last year I did it for peak. This year dreading it. If they had to pay double time over 12. I think we would get only 12hrs during peak instead of 14.

Big Arrow Down...D

Leave the gun,take the cannoli
Why don't we get paid double time if we work over 12 hrs? And when we work 14 hrs a day? Where is my extra break? 1 hr lunch 2 15min breaks and a 10 min break after 10 hrs. I think 14 hrs on road is to much. Last year I did it for peak. This year dreading it. If they had to pay double time over 12. I think we would get only 12hrs during peak instead of 14.
You must be a rookie ....,,14hrs that's insane

PT Car Washer

One hour lunch 2 15 minute breaks ,when do you find time to deliver? Try sorting for 10+hours with 1 10 minute break.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
According to Dot rules you can't work more than 60 hours a week. So that would be 13 hours on clock minus 1 hour for lunch is 12. So 9am start to 10pm is 13 hours on clock minus 1 hour for lunch means 12 hours 9 to 9. So nobody is supposed to work more than 12 hours. 14 hours isn't possible unless I guess their part time n then work as a jumper later on.

imwell

I'm as productive as the methods allow.
According to Dot rules you can't work more than 60 hours a week. So that would be 13 hours on clock minus 1 hour for lunch is 12. So 9am start to 10pm is 13 hours on clock minus 1 hour for lunch means 12 hours 9 to 9. So nobody is supposed to work more than 12 hours. 14 hours isn't possible unless I guess their part time n then work as a jumper later on.
Unfortunately, the OP is right. We can work a max of 14 hours in a day (punch in to punch out) for a max of 60 hours a week. Start at 830, punch out at 2230. With a 30min lunch, that's a 13.5 hour paid day. Have some of those Mon thru Thurs, you only have around a 7 hour day available on Friday. And it DOES SUCK! I know this because for the first time in my 29 years here, it happened to me and many other drivers in our building last peak. Our building was up 35% over the previous peak. They planned for somewhere around 10%. No way we were getting it all delivered each day. Yep, 14 hour days and still brought stops back. It was a nightmare. Double time at 12 hours sounds great, but I'd be happier to NEVER see another 12-14 hour day in my last few years here.

UPS4Life

Or you could be in feeders and work 13x4 then work 8 hours on Friday.

Also the breaks vary Harrisburg only gets a 10 minute break regardless and a jersey driver told me they get 15 minutes and then another 15 paid break if they go over 8 hours.

Sent using BrownCafe App

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!

Ha try doing it with a 30 minute lunch and 1 10 minute break. Your spoiled!!

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Get home, eat, go to bed. Do it all again tomorrow.
Go home, eat, watch lil tv or surf web, throw down a frosty or 2, catch a fatt one then go to bed. Cant let the job control your life, that's what they want, to control every aspect of our lives, aint working here lol.

Kis124

Try doing it with NO break. We in the Chesapeake area have no language for breaks on preload. That includes peak.

UPS4Life

Try doing it with NO break. We in the Chesapeake area have no language for breaks on preload. That includes peak.
Augh you're not alone if your talking part time. Harrisburg part timers don't get a break on any sort.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Uh what. Sure you can. Take only 10 min paid even with an hour break you can work 13:10 paid. Add your 50 minute break and there is your 14 hours.

We have plenty of guys with under 8 left come Friday.