Double Trip

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The reason he was talked to is he came back to the bldg not because he had to....he came back to stretch out his day.......he wasted company time just to try and make numbers......he should have called the center to see what they wanted him to do instead of coming back to the bldg for no reason

Would you have preferred that I sit at home for two hours before finishing up my pickups?

I came back because I knew that I was under 8 and that double tripping would put me over.

I should note that the double trip only added 6 miles.

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

Would you have preferred that I sit at home for two hours before finishing up my pickups?

I came back because I knew that I was under 8 and that double tripping would put me over.

It would have better for ups if you sat home for 2 hours.....by coming back to the bldg when you didn't need to wasted gas and added miles just to make your numbers look good...... you think it's good for ups if I drove around the block on lunch to make my numbers look good......no I'd be manipulating numbers which is another ups offense that probably hasn't made it to your area yet

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
The reason he was talked to is he came back to the bldg not because he had to....he came back to stretch out his day.......he wasted company time just to try and make numbers......he should have called the center to see what they wanted him to do instead of coming back to the bldg for no reason

And, a chicken dinner for this winner!!

You have said you have a letter box at the end of your day. Call to see if anyone else needs help in order to fill that time. If nobody does, tell management you will be early for that pickup, and ask if someone else can cover it.

BTW, Dave, once you are on ORION, that "only 6 miles" will earn you more than just being pulled aside.

You have said you have a letter box at the end of your day. Call to see if anyone else needs help in order to fill that time. If nobody does, tell management you will be early for that pickup, and ask if someone else can cover it.

BTW, Dave, once you are on ORION, that "only 6 miles" will earn you more than just being pulled aside.
Or what happens if you had an accident in the process of going back to the building?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

That letter box has been put back on the mall driver where it belongs.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
We have always been told to put in the times for a double trip whether we changed cars or not.

Suppose we have late air and I spend 15 minutes at the building waiting for them to finish processing it. Am I just supposed to eat that time?
Don't you get paid by the hour? If so why would it matter?

CHALLY9TX

We have always been told to put in the times for a double trip whether we changed cars or not.

Suppose we have late air and I spend 15 minutes at the building waiting for them to finish processing it. Am I just supposed to eat that time?

Code out those 15 min as Approved Meeting. Kidding of course. Although our center loves using "approved meeting" a lot. It's never more than 10 min though that they ask us to code out. Meh, just working as directed when they send out those messages to code out approved meeting.

CHALLY9TX

Maybe punch in an extended lunch??
I've punched in an hour lunch before. (We only get 30 min here)