Double Trip

F

FrigidAdCorrector

We allow drivers to put in double trip if they come back to the building, dump, and go back out with the same vehicle.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

What if they just have to pee?
Pl3Xz.gif

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Dave I think that was the old way of doing things, a dispatcher saying make sure you get your 8 wink wink. (Drive around your route and check everyone's landscape design). If I'm done on a trip and have more than an hour before my pickups I make sure my full lunch is in along with all breaks and SIT. If I get extra, that's on them, management can see EVERYTHING we do all day, they know how many you have left, done, and in prerecord. It's up to them to monitor all their information and make decisions based on that. Maybe your intentions were good, but we aren't supposed to think anymore.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Dave I think that was the old way of doing things, a dispatcher saying make sure you get your 8 wink wink. (Drive around your route and check everyone's landscape design). If I'm done on a trip and have more than an hour before my pickups I make sure my full lunch is in along with all breaks and SIT. If I get extra, that's on them, management can see EVERYTHING we do all day, they know how many you have left, done, and in prerecord. It's up to them to monitor all their information and make decisions based on that. Maybe your intentions were good, but we aren't supposed to think anymore.

I have done this as well but that is when I know I have at least 8 hours of work. I will take my lunch and then send an "I can help" message.

OPTION3

The reason he was talked to is he came back to the bldg not because he had to....he came back to stretch out his day.......he wasted company time just to try and make numbers......he should have called the center to see what they wanted him to do instead of coming back to the bldg for no reason
Yes.....termination in my building

QKRSTKR

I would not recommend any "normal" driver doing this. Definitly running up miles. If you come in under 8 what do you care? Afraid of more stops the next day?

Dr.Brownz

What does the term "double trip" mean to you? I was always under the assumption that anytime you had to go back to the center during the day, whether for late air or for work that would not fit on the car, it was considered to be a double trip, whether you kept your pkg car or swapped out cars, with the times entered in to the DIAD.

I had a light day on Thursday and after making a sweep of all of my pickups I went back to the center to dump and go back out. I kept the same car and entered the times in the DIAD. I did this because I knew that I didn't have 8 hours of work and the allowance for the double trip would have put me over 8, which it did, just barely. My center manager pulled me aside yesterday morning and asked me about the double trip. After I told him he said that we can only enter double trip if we are directed to come back to the center AND if we swap package cars.

What is your center's definition of double trip?

I enter stuff like that all the time and nothing gets said. Had a triple trip one time. Though our center is constantly fighting with which ever tier of management wants them to cut routes so I think it has something to do with them not caring if we pad our time allowances a bit to make the numbers look better.

Dr.Brownz

I would not recommend any "normal" driver doing this. Definitly running up miles. If you come in under 8 what do you care? Afraid of more stops the next day?

LOL yep no problem I just slow down the next day with more stops, thus balancing everything out

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
We have always been told to put in the times for a double trip whether we changed cars or not.

Suppose we have late air and I spend 15 minutes at the building waiting for them to finish processing it. Am I just supposed to eat that time?

Uh, who cares? You're still getting paid, aren't you? Are you filling out management paperwork, or something?

AKCoverMan

I cover two routes in our building that are responsible to bring air pups back to the center to make the flight. Our air has to be in at 1430. Both routes have more work after the air is brought in. We always record this as a double trip.