:censored:y?

Undertow82

So I'm about 5 months in. I float to different pulls almost everyday. Well one guy at our center who has more seniority has been having a lot of issues, (stacking out, not labeling boxes), well he was reamed by the director yesterday. Well he calls out today and they have me cover his pull. About half way through they ask me if I want this to be my permanent home. I just said "wherever you need me is ok with me". So I feel kinda :censored2:y now if I'm taking this guys job in a way. I have no clue where they are sticking him or if they have different plans for him. Any advice? Should I just keep floating or just take it and do as I'm told?

Undertow82

If he has higher seniority than they have to find something for him don't they?
He does have higher seniority than me. I would think they would find him something. I'm normally on the end where they throw in routes, bulk stops, etc....but when there are no pulls there I normally unload trucks.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
So I'm about 5 months in. I float to different pulls almost everyday. Well one guy at our center who has more seniority has been having a lot of issues, (stacking out, not labeling boxes), well he was reamed by the director yesterday. Well he calls out today and they have me cover his pull. About half way through they ask me if I want this to be my permanent home. I just said "wherever you need me is ok with me". So I feel kinda :censored2:y now if I'm taking this guys job in a way. I have no clue where they are sticking him or if they have different plans for him. Any advice? Should I just keep floating or just take it and do as I'm told?
Unless you bid on pulls in your building (which I doubt) you're gonna go where they tell you. Just because they "asked" you doesn't mean they give a flying friend about what you want to do, or which trucks you want to load. They just need bodies to fill the holes. You're not stealing anyone's work so just work as directed.

And agreed, what is a director?

Undertow82

I guess "center manager" would have been better. Everyone calls the dude "the director". I guess Speilberg would work too....

GenericUsername

Back on topic... I wouldn't call it :censored2:y or not. If the guy is dogging it and having a tantrum then he needs to be put in his place. Take over the spot and enjoy knowing where you're going to be every morning and knowing what you're going to be doing even before you get to work. When I was being bounced around I hated it. The loads were never amazing and I frequently disappointed a few of the drivers because they liked certain stops in certain spots. It is what it is though, you can't please them all. If they do keep you in that load position, make it your own and get with drivers and find out a few things they like... Makes life easier for them, and as a bonus, they may bring you breakfast on occasion or a gatorade/soda from the gas station. Little things make their day easier and sometimes you get rewarded.