DQ FOR ABSOLUTE BULL:censored:

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
I am sorry for your situation but the supervisor did nothing wrong.
He didn't tell you a specific time to swing by because you should know this information.
Be "totally man enough" and accept responsibility that it was your fault. Ignorance is not an excuse.

What do they say, "Those who can't, preach to those who DO." Ignorance is no excuse but lack of training is. We all know how inadequate the training is for UPS. 2-3 days with an on-car and then thrown to the wolves. There's guys in my center with well over 10 years who don't even know how to change a call tag type or collect $$$ for a COD follow-up.

Sorry Chicken, we don't all work in Clarksville like you do.

Jimmyb31

I didn't sheet them up the first time bcuz it was almost 5pm and I had a few business left I had to get to and I didn't want to miss them. Plus like I said. I was told to go back there and if they were not there then to go ahead and sheet them up. I should of never been given the either or option from a supervisor if it was that important to get them sheeted by 5pm. That was the first and obviously the last time I ever ran into that issues. I wasn't sure on what to do. That's why I called the sup. I thought I just had to sheet one of the up as CL1 which I did at 4:19pm and it would come out of my board. That's when I called the sup and found out I had to do each one. If they want to get rid of a guy who never has had one single issue just bcuz of a honest mistake then that's on them not me. All the supervisors are arrogant :censored2:s and they treat everyone like :censored2: and I'll bet $500 bucks that neither of the lazy ass sups in my center could run the route I'm running in 8 1/2 hours. So it's whatever. The BA and Steward are friends of mine and they did as much as they could but they didn't want to hear it. It was totally a wrongful discharge and they will be lucky if they don't hear from my lawyer and I have NEVER in my life said anything like that but this is complete smilet.

JB

keeb86

I don't understand why you didn't just sheet all packages as cl1 when you were there the first time.
Any business you attempt to del that is closed you have to sheet as missed, not closed, or at least that's what I was taught.

Sent using BrownCafe App

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
If you can afford to have an attorney on retainer, you don't need this job. If you don't have one on retainer, save your money. UPS is bigger than one person getting DQ'd and it would just be a waste of your money unless there was some EEOC suit or something significant.

You can be DQ'd for just about anything during the 30...or kept on at their will. Hope things work out for you though, some things really do suck :censored2: around here.

Pooter

That's what makes blind split routes so much fun! A business saver in the 8k section 2 towns over? You should have known!

OP: I think u have a chance. Stay cool, talk to the steward. Tell them to pull up telematics showing u were there at whenever before 5pm.

Keep ur cool and good luck.

JL 0513

This is a BS disqualification. Clearly the situation shows a lack of training and basic knowledge. A sup should have simply taken this as a teachable moment. It's not that big of an offense and to end someone's career is ludicrous.

Sheeting a closed business after 5 as missed is basic methods. It should be something learned on Day 1.

You're still allowed to sheet a package as missed in your center? Under no circumstances can we sheet missed. If for some reason we screw up and get to a business after 5, we are actually instructed to sheet it as NI1 residential. Unbelievable, huh? Instructed to be dishonest instead of producing a bad report.

Kinda like the other day I was instructed to recover a package that was damaged. Told over text that damage was the reason. I mistakingly sheet it as damaged. Another no no. This is actually a corporate policy. I had forgotten about this. Got a text back "can't do that, void". RTS. So why do they keep all these options on the DIAD if they are against the rules?

It's confusing to do a job where you can't sheet things the actual proper way. Missed, damaged, ect.. You have to remember how to cover it up.

turdbrown

what did the stewart say about it when they DQ'ed u? Was there one in the room? u should have sheeted all of the bulk stop closed one the first time if it was b4 5pm. any time after 5pm u should sheet them as missed. If he had u go back after to make a reattempt u should have recorded it as a dup stop. If u r not sure about something, ask the drivers working around u. get their #'s. U r new to the job, but u need to know the job. do the job 100% by the book. that way they can't say u r not. Sorry that it happened to u. Hope u get your job back. Don't forget how the r treating u. It will not be the last time they do something shady. remember, they r not your friends.

Brown echo

If u are not alive than for sure truth is not real
That sucks...hope you get your job back. Big point to remember... Always cover your ass. Yes...you can prove you were there before 5pm....and prove that you spoke to your sup. You cannot prove what he told you over the phone....and no doubt he'll deny saying it. Use the DIAD to communicate whenever possible. That way you can take a pic of the diad message and CYA.

Get to know a few of the old timer drivers in your center....many of them don't mind advising a newbie driver. And you'll have someone reliable to call if you find yourself in a situation and are unsure of what to do. Oh....and repay favors with beer..it's like brain medicine for the old timers....lol. Good luck.
well said:goodpost:

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
what did the stewart say about it when they DQ'ed u? Was there one in the room? u should have sheeted all of the bulk stop closed one the first time if it was b4 5pm. any time after 5pm u should sheet them as missed. If he had u go back after to make a reattempt u should have recorded it as a dup stop. If u r not sure about something, ask the drivers working around u. get their #'s. U r new to the job, but u need to know the job. do the job 100% by the book. that way they can't say u r not. Sorry that it happened to u. Hope u get your job back. Don't forget how the r treating u. It will not be the last time they do something shady. remember, they r not your friends.

Wut?

ManInBrown

What does sheeting a Commercial stop after 5 as missed instead of closed do? Ive never heard that one. Also Never ran into a problem after 5

Kinrossy

I was DQ'd today because yesterday I was at a business at 4:00pm and they were closed. Sign in the door said they were opened until 6:30pm I went next door and they said nobody has shown up today. I had 23pkgs for them. I scanned one I entered NI1 and put the notice on the door. That was at like 4:12. It didn't release from my board. So I called my supervisor and asked him why it didn't. He told me I had to sheet up each pkg. I said ok so then he asked me what time I would be done. I told him about 6:30pm. He told me to go ahead and go and swing back by to see if they were there later and if not sheet them up then. I'm only on my second week and I was never trained that we had to have our business sheeted up by 5pm. My trainer and I never ran into that problem so I'm assuming he just didn't think to share it with me. Anyway so I went back at 6pm and still nobody there so I sheeted them all up as NI1 and left. I get in this morning and they told me I missed 23pkgs yesterday and the DQ me. When I mentioned that another SUP told me to go ahead and leave they didn't say a word. Basically he never admitted to talking to me. I have to call log in my phone to prove it. I also have proof i was there well before 5 bcuz I sheeted up the one box and scanned a delivery notice. So I was there when I was suppose to be. As a supervisor he should of told me to sheet them up right them and there bcuz it would be after 5 when I went back. They must think I'm stupid bcuz I was a transportation manager for 10yrs before I went to UPS. I'm a off the street hire. I had 90 driver and 3 sups under me. I got tires of the 24-7 grind and UPS in the long run will pay way better plus the benefits. I have a few people who have some decent pull around there that are going to try and get me back in bcuz it literally is bull:censored2:. Before this I have not had one missed pkg not one late air. NOTHING of any sort of issues. I've been doing great. I just wanted some of your thoughts on this. Please save any smart ass comments it's not really the best day of my life right now. I left a good job to do this. Thanks.

JB
Time to "lawyer up". Works every time in my Ctr and u got nothing to lose.

Sent using BrownCafe App

ManInBrown

Agreed. And what's with all the new people posting on the board saying they're sheeting business as NI1, rather than CL1?

I'll sheet something NI1 as opposed to CL1 if the establishment is open but the person who accepts packages is gone for the day. Had one today. 430. They were open but the person in charge of receiving was gone. No one else will sign. Technically they aren't closed.

Ouch

I am sorry for your situation but the supervisor did nothing wrong.

He didn't tell you a specific time to swing by because you should know this information.

Be "totally man enough" and accept responsibility that it was your fault. Ignorance is not an excuse.
Speaking of Ignorant.

MethodsMan

That's what makes blind split routes so much fun! A business saver in the 8k section 2 towns over? You should have known!

OP: I think u have a chance. Stay cool, talk to the steward. Tell them to pull up telematics showing u were there at whenever before 5pm.

Keep ur cool and good luck.

I've become the master at indirect. LOL. I come up on a business at 5:30 in a residential area on one of those cool cut cars in the 8000 section. Guess what, LEFT AT, scrubby ghetto apartment next door? Works for me.

Order your amazon junk to your house, not your office.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Grieve it and make a big deal of it and you should be right back on the road. That's complete BS and they know it. Its not like they train anybody right at any job at the RETARDCENTER. They never train drivers right anyway, most of it is as you go and those of us who have been where Youngblood is right now know that.

Rain Shield

I love it when someone tells you what you should have done, and should have done it by the book, then they ask you if a "Stewart" was in the room. Good question, problem is the position is a Steward. I guess he knows one book, but not the other.

By the way, if you know what my user name is, you know I have been around for a minute.