DQ'ed for consistantly poor performance

mikeny

Service Provider
there were about 5 days or so where i worked with someone riding with me. eventually i said something like how am i supposed to learn when someone comes with me and is helping me, and they stopped, but instead had some one follow me in a van to observe.

mikeny

Service Provider
Some Saturday Air drivers don't make the cut because of the relaxed working conditions. 15 stops before noon is a lot different then 25 stops an hour.

yes, but for me it's the opposite since i've worked more days as cover than air, i'm used to working at a fast pace, so that's what i do on saturdays.

jaker

trolling
there were about 5 days or so where i worked with someone riding with me. eventually i said something like how am i supposed to learn when someone comes with me and is helping me, and they stopped, but instead had some one follow me in a van to observe.
Wow you are not getting it

So let me tell you that you suck as a driver

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
of course i suck, i'm new. ;) that's what learning is which takes time.
just because you're new doesn't mean you suck.

I've seen drivers scratch in week and never look back.

So you said your big problem is finding packages. Did you not sort your truck and slide your next 5 stops forward? Were you trained to do this? I recommend taking a 15 minute break every 2.5-3 hours sort your truck for the next few hours. It's a simple way to make your numbers look better.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Some Saturday Air drivers don't make the cut because of the relaxed working conditions. 15 stops before noon is a lot different then 25 stops an hour.
This why I always say I'm glad I didn't do Saturday air. It would if given me a false sense of the pace I needed to work at.

UPSGUY72

yes, but for me it's the opposite since i've worked more days as cover than air, i'm used to working at a fast pace, so that's what i do on saturdays.

Dude your story isn't adding up. There is something more going on here than your telling us.

You had someone you say a SUP and or another driver driving around for for at least 5 of the 17 days you drove before you got DQ'ed apparently they where doing the sorting and find the next stop so you could do the part of the job that you already had down pat ??? Doesn't make a sense...

They don't send people out to follow you around to see if your doing the job correctly unless you give them a reason and if they send someone out they looking for safety issues as these days they can OJS you from there office or any computer.

So your telling us you have less then 17 days of driving Sat Air ????

Also they have to scan the packages when they reach your building in order to get the information into the DIAD when they scan then they are given a Hin #. I guess in your building they don't scan them and you have to input all the information into the DIAD yourself after you make sure that the packages got onto the right car so you don't have any misloads or waste time going into a area another drive has already been in.

Overpaid Union Thug

why all the negativity? i've been waiting 7 years for this opportunity, and they are currently looking for a lot of FT/cover drivers, so will be signing up as soon as i can. i went to driver's school twice and passed the 2nd time so i do not see why i can't pass the 2nd time whether it's a year from now for cover or i get that FT position.
A good attitude at UPS is rare but Negative Nancys are obviously in abundance. Hence all of the sly replies. Just because others seemed to breeze through their qualifying and you didn't doesn't mean they are perfect and that the job "isn't for you." I say keep trying if you really want it. You could very well end up being a good driver just like everyone else.

UPSGUY72

I agree completely. Why do you package car drivers run around like crazy all day long? Don't you get paid by the hour?

The problem is that you can get the job done faster working at a smooth constant speed rather they running around with you head cut off. you just have to have the ability to have a plan on how your are going to deliver your next 10-20 if not your whole route for the rest of day instead on just the next 2 stops.