Dr. Klein's healthcare thread

moreluck

golden ticket member
Re: Bush torture case proceeding

I hope you're right - then we'll be getting some great tax cuts here soon, and some form of Medicare part B, more freebies.
And intead of starting 2 wars like Bush did, Harper can just hand us over $50.000 each (or the roughly amount of cost what US citizens paid - still have yet to pay)
You've always claimed that your health care was the best, the greatest...why would you need a medicare??????

klein

Für Meno :)

You've always claimed that your health care was the best, the greatest...why would you need a medicare??????

We don't get free perscribed medication here, unless you're retired (over 65) or disabled.
That is where company insurance comes into play, but you can also get blue-cross here (private insurance) to cover it.
Costs around $70 a month I think, maybe less for me, cause I'm single.

P

pickup

We don't get free perscribed medication here, unless you're retired (over 65) or disabled.
That is where company insurance comes into play, but you can also get blue-cross here (private insurance) to cover it.

We don't get free or paid for perscribed medication

Catatonic

Nine Lives

Imagine that!

moreluck

golden ticket member

$70 a month......one Boniva pill is almost that much a month itself , and that's with some coverage!!

klein

Substantial increase to Alberta Blue Cross premiums

There is another big increase on the way in July 2010 when single premiums will rise to $63.50/month and family premiums will hit $118/month.

Provides :

Enhanced extended health coverage (includes ambulance, accidental dental care, physiotherapy services, semi-private and private hospital rooms, home nursing care and more)

80% direct bill coverage for eligible prescription drugs - $10,000 maximum per participant each benefit year

100% basic dental coverage for standard check-ups and cleanings, and 90% coverage for fillings, extractions, and root canals to a combined maximum of $600 per participant in each benefit year. (Three month waiting period from enrolment date.)

50% extensive dental for periodontics and dentures in the second year to a combined basic and extensive maximum of $1,000 per participant in the second and each subsequent benefit year. (12 month waiting period from enrolment date.)

50% extensive dental for crowns, bridges and implants in the third year to a combined basic and extensive maximum of $1,000 per participant in the third and each subsequent benefit year. (24 month waiting period from enrolment date.)

50% for orthodontics in the third year to a lifetime maximum of $1,500 per participant. (24 month waiting period from enrolment date.)

Vision care - combined maximum of $200 per participant toward an eye examination (to a maximum of $50) and the purchase and repair of eyeglasses, contact lenses and intraocular lenses in any two year period.

$20,000 in the event of an accidental death of a participant

moreluck

golden ticket member

This is a Bush thread and we're talking about bone.....there's something terribly strange here!!

P

pickup

Substantial increase to Blue Cross premiums

There is another big increase on the way in July 2010 when single premiums will rise to $63.50/month and family premiums will hit $118/month.

Provides :

Enhanced extended health coverage (includes ambulance, accidental dental care, physiotherapy services, semi-private and private hospital rooms, home nursing care and more)

80% direct bill coverage for eligible prescription drugs - $10,000 maximum per participant each benefit year

100% basic dental coverage for standard check-ups and cleanings, and 90% coverage for fillings, extractions, and root canals to a combined maximum of $600 per participant in each benefit year. (Three month waiting period from enrolment date.)

50% extensive dental for periodontics and dentures in the second year to a combined basic and extensive maximum of $1,000 per participant in the second and each subsequent benefit year. (12 month waiting period from enrolment date.)

50% extensive dental for crowns, bridges and implants in the third year to a combined basic and extensive maximum of $1,000 per participant in the third and each subsequent benefit year. (24 month waiting period from enrolment date.)

50% for orthodontics in the third year to a lifetime maximum of $1,500 per participant. (24 month waiting period from enrolment date.)

Vision care - combined maximum of $200 per participant toward an eye examination (to a maximum of $50) and the purchase and repair of eyeglasses, contact lenses and intraocular lenses in any two year period.

such fast breaking news - July , 2010 is the date in your edit and post article

satellitedriver

Substantial increase to Alberta Blue Cross premiums

Provides :

All a working Canadian person will have to do is hand over 40% to 60% of their pay in taxes to help "provide" and subsidize the "free" Canadian healthcare system, plus pay a monthly premium.
That free stuff sure gets expensive.

klein

No, that Blue Cross rate is paid by employers (it's the law).
It's only for those that are unemployed or self employed.

If you think Canadians pay 40-60% taxes, so be it. All added up it probably is (15 % income tax, other payroll deductions for Canada Pension Plan, unemployment insurance), then added sinn taxes to alcohol, tabacco, and gasoline, plus property taxes, car registration and a 5% GST, plus a provincial sales tax (except in Alberta).
Yup, that would do it.