DR shipper release

Ms.PacMan

Insulin comes shipper release.

I just don't get the 'I won't leave it' responses. Just looking for the tiniest bit of control over something.

Coalminer2005

I wouldn't DR shipper release at a CLOSED business and I probably wouldn't DR a shipper release (at a NO DR) Where it's an apartment complex and the front door is locked (lobby door) which is the entrance point to several apartments... This would leave the package highly exposed to public and the people who live in the apartment building.
Who cares what you think. Do as instructed by your employer. They can handle the rest.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
We lose shippers because drivers won't DR shipper release packages. I was told we lost a company that ships the Church bulletins because drivers won't shipper release them. The Church ends up getting them on Monday which makes them useless. Work as directed. If it says to release them, then do it. Why is it so hard to understand.
So we did end up losing it. Figures.

So I hear some saying to DR a shipper release no matter what. Which i agree for residences, and churches. But I won't DR to a dentist that is closed on a Friday, on a downtown street. I will try to indirect. I don't believe "shipper release" means "make a piss poor DR". There is no chance that pkg would still be there on Monday.

So I hear some saying to DR a shipper release no matter what. Which i agree for residences, and churches. But I won't DR to a dentist that is closed on a Friday, on a downtown street. I will try to indirect. I don't believe "shipper release" means "make a piss poor DR". There is no chance that pkg would still be there on Monday.
I agree but..... You get what you pay for.
I will ask a neighboring business, if possible. If that's not an option I just leave it.

bumped

Indirect as long as the diad doesn't prompt no indirect. Just don't bring it back.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Insulin comes shipper release.

I just don't get the 'I won't leave it' responses. Just looking for the tiniest bit of control over something.

If you are talking about residentials and approved DR locations (churches)----absolutely.

If you are talking about leaving packages outside of a business that has closed for the day----no way.