DR shipper release

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Shippers who use Shipper Release are getting a discount rate and we only make one attempt no matter what. You are losing money for the company if you are wasting time hauling it out there two or three times. Its cheap merchandise thats not worth putting insurance on, thats the whole point. I could see putting something on Will Call if the consignee requested it in a high theft area, just get it off the package car the first day. I have an idiot 28 year driver on the route next to mine that refuses to DR Shipper Release, I gave up trying to explain it to him.

Shippers who use Shipper Release are getting a discount rate and we only make one attempt no matter what. You are losing money for the company if you are wasting time hauling it out there two or three times. Its cheap merchandise thats not worth putting insurance on, thats the whole point. I could see putting something on Will Call if the consignee requested it in a high theft area, just get it off the package car the first day. I have an idiot 28 year driver on the route next to mine that refuses to DR Shipper Release, I gave up trying to explain it to him.
Or just give it to a neighboring business and leave an info notice.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
I love how stupidvisors and know It all's like Dave try to over complicate this job........
image.jpg

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
You could also DR any package at a NO DR stop if you use "REL NUM" even if the shipper didn't authorize the Shipper Release option. That would be an improper DR and the driver could be held liable for it.

barnyard

KTM rider
We have had PCMs where the center manager told us we lost accounts because shipper release packages were not released. The only time we cannot release them is if we call and get specific permission to not leave. Too much trouble. DR.

Grey

I'm not gonna do this but was just curious anyway... Is there a way to DR a Signature Required pckg (other than over-21 which I know you can't)? Like just a basic Signature Required pckg that the DIAD won't let you SDN even if they signed the Info Notice?

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Everyone gives me different answer; including management.

Can you DR a shipper release at a NO DR resident or a business stop?

Do you RelNum / DR?
It's not a DR because you're not releasing it--they are.
There are three types of releases:
Shipper Release, Driver Release and Consignee Release.

With a Shipper or Consignee Release they are agreeing to hold UPS harmless and are requesting you leave the package. On a CR they can request the condition of their release like leaving it at the backdoor, etc. It's only a Driver Release if there is no CR or SR on the delivery and you opt to leave the package without a signature.