DR shipper release

ManInBrown

Couple years ago we had a horrible snowstorm. One dead end street with about 20 businesses. Every one was closed. Blizzard conditions. I had flowers that I did not DR. The ones that come up DR 1st attempt when you sheet. I got Bitc*ed at the next day for not leaving. They would have been buried in a foot of snow. LOL

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
We have had PCMs where the center manager told us we lost accounts because shipper release packages were not released. The only time we cannot release them is if we call and get specific permission to not leave. Too much trouble. DR.
When I talked to the account executive he said that drivers not releasing it was a huge issue and about to cost the company the account. He said they were going to make a play for several million that FedEx had, but because the customer was so frustrated drivers kept NI1ing or CLO1ing them that the account was at risk.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You are a bad driver. Have buisnesses like pizza shops that don't open till like 3 pm order there packages shipper release so they get the stuff they need on time. You go and refuse to follow instructions and dr it, You are a horrible example to set.

The closed businesses that I am talking about are the 9-5 type that are on a very busy street.

Future

Victory Ride
I was told any shipper release pkg was to be delivered on the first day. Didnt matter buisness ...resi ....the shipper is paying for that service no matter what.

Future

Victory Ride
I don't see them on a daily basis. I take care of the customer that I see on a daily basis and would feel like crap trying to explain why I left their package(s) outside of their closed business.
I felt the same way...till drivers where getting warning letters for not releasing these packages.