DR shipper release

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
The e-releases are filled out by the consignee who are generally unaware of our driver release procedures. If you feel that the requested location is insecure you can choose a more suitable place to leave the phone. If there is none you DO NOT have to leave the package.

Consignee says: "Gimme X!"

Dave says: "Meh, I don't feel like it."

I wouldn't DR shipper release at a CLOSED business and I probably wouldn't DR a shipper release (at a NO DR) Where it's an apartment complex and the front door is locked (lobby door) which is the entrance point to several apartments... This would leave the package highly exposed to public and the people who live in the apartment building.

wayfair

swollen member
I wouldn't DR shipper release at a CLOSED business and I probably wouldn't DR a shipper release (at a NO DR) Where it's an apartment complex and the front door is locked (lobby door) which is the entrance point to several apartments... This would leave the package highly exposed to public and the people who live in the apartment building.

from post#125... make this a sticky

From ups.com

These terms of service apply to Shipper Release:
  • UPS will make only one delivery attempt.
  • UPS will not obtain a signature upon delivery.
  • A UPS delivery record will be conclusive proof of delivery.
  • The shipper accepts liability for any loss or damage to the package after delivery.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Were you inside or outside when you saw the envelope was still sitting there?
There's a small foyer with mailboxes, then a locked glass entry door.
I was attempting a delivery to a different apartment but had to leave a notice.
The neighborhood gets bounced around among 3 routes, so I didn't deliver the send again the next day.
If I could have entered the building, I would have brought it up to the door and dropped it there.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member

I have a low income high crime complex I deliver to everyday.
Someone ordered Omaha steaks and I had no choice but to leave it in plain sight at the door.
We don't make the rules.

bumped

We lose shippers because drivers won't DR shipper release packages. I was told we lost a company that ships the Church bulletins because drivers won't shipper release them. The Church ends up getting them on Monday which makes them useless. Work as directed. If it says to release them, then do it. Why is it so hard to understand.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We lose shippers because drivers won't DR shipper release packages. I was told we lost a company that ships the Church bulletins because drivers won't shipper release them. The Church ends up getting them on Monday which makes them useless. Work as directed. If it says to release them, then do it. Why is it so hard to understand.

Churches are among the approved driver release locations.