DRA Questions

EvoX

Could I theoretically get fired for not making my return to building times? Or a low stops per hour count?

Does the software account for inclimate weather, or traffic volume? Or is it not this advanced?

Does it assign more stops and packages to employees who are more efficient? I've noticed a trend at my station with some of the "slower" people consistently having light routes.

Star B

White Lightening
DRA/ROADs is Garbage In, Garbage Out. Your manager and engineer can tweak DRA as they see fit. I'm sure they can even make it overload you.

Now, getting fired over low SPH and failure to make RTB time is up to your manager.

Purplepackage

Could I theoretically get fired for not making my return to building times? Or a low stops per hour count?

Does the software account for inclimate weather, or traffic volume? Or is it not this advanced?

Does it assign more stops and packages to employees who are more efficient? I've noticed a trend at my station with some of the "slower" people consistently having light routes.

RTB is just a bull:censored2: number game. theres no reason to worry about it you are fine

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus

Does the software account for inclimate weather, or traffic volume? Or is it advanced?

I have never heard of anyone getting fired for their SPH OR RTB.

No, DRA does not make adjustments for weather, traffic or anything happening onroad.

Swngdrvr

At my station half the couriers don't make stops per hour or RTB. One of our managers even admitted most of our DRA routes are impossible because of how the engineer set them up. There's nothing to worry about.

BootsOnTarmac

"I've noticed a trend at my station with some of the "slower" people consistently having light routes."

Many Managers see the "slower" people as just a cost of doing business. They will then rely on the ones that get the job done and go above and beyond. Hard to blame the Managers since they are no longer involved in the hiring process. If the Managers try to spank the "slower" people, the "slower" people complain to HR, which just becomes a Manager headache. In my FedEx part of the world there are no longer employee reviews that affect rate of pay. All of this eventually breeds apathy among those that actually care about doing a good job, going home satisfied with a good day of work. In every service company you will find these problems, unfortunately at FedEx it is rampant.

dezguy

"I've noticed a trend at my station with some of the "slower" people consistently having light routes."

Many Managers see the "slower" people as just a cost of doing business. They will then rely on the ones that get the job done and go above and beyond. Hard to blame the Managers since they are no longer involved in the hiring process. If the Managers try to spank the "slower" people, the "slower" people complain to HR, which just becomes a Manager headache. In my FedEx part of the world there are no longer employee reviews that affect rate of pay. All of this eventually breeds apathy among those that actually care about doing a good job, going home satisfied with a good day of work. In every service company you will find these problems, unfortunately at FedEx it is rampant.
In my part of the FedEx world, we do have employee reviews that affect rate of pay and we still have apathy amongst those who actually care about doing a good job.

No matter how they go about dangling the carrot in front of our faces, eventually most everyone learns that the system is not in their favour and no matter how hard you work, you'll probably never see top out. People just give up and stop caring eventually.

EvoX

What part of the fedex world is that?
I really wished they'd pay us based on performance and efficiency. That way we would actually have an incentive to do the best we can.

I didn't post this thread in fear of getting fired, just curious how the systems works.
I try to get my stops done quickly because I take classes after work. And I just get rewarded with more stops and pick ups.
Thanks for the quick responses btw, you guys are more helpful than managers lol.

dezguy

What part of the fedex world is that?
I really wished they'd pay us based on performance and efficiency. That way we would actually have an incentive to do the best we can.

I didn't post this thread in fear of getting fired, just curious how the systems works.
I try to get my stops done quickly because I take classes after work. And I just get rewarded with more stops and pick ups.
Thanks for the quick responses btw, you guys are more helpful than managers lol.
Canada.

The thing is, performance based reviews, while sound in theory just open things up to favouritism. I know a couple absolutely useless couriers who happen to be buddy, buddy with their manager. Strangely, these couriers are able to earn higher raises than other better couriers, even though their sph is around 8 on a good day.

BootsOnTarmac

United States.

You are correct about favoritism. When we had performance reviews such items as attendance, tardiness, and safety were considered a big part of our review. Because of these factors from the past, I happened to reach a higher step on the new step plan compared to many of those that sat with me during new hire orientation. I went thru a few managers during this period, never getting "buddy, buddy". I always got good reviews (6.9 or 7.0) because I came to work on time, did my job, minimal sick days and never caused my manager extra paperwork (Key!). I believe favoritism killed the reviews due to crappy managers not managing workers (buddy's) and just wanting a good SFA.