DRA will be the death of express

FUFred

I know all to well how they screw you over and over. I was fired back in March 2013, happiest day of my life, it really was. You are 100% right on target with the post.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
And a perfect example goes like this:

5yr courier goes to deliver pkg and customer is not home. The pkg has DSR so he tags it and leaves. Later in his day he gets a message over the ppad to reattempt and leave at back door from CSA. Courier responds with pkg is DSR and cannot release properly without circumventing the ppad. Gets a message roughly 20mins later from station manager saying "ok to manually enter tracking number and release at back door. Hot hot item and valuable customer."
Courier reattempts and does as stated and took a picture of the message fom his manager with his cell phone. Upon his return to the station he finds out customer disputes delivery and manager claims the message was never sent by him/her. Terminated for bypassing the DSR feature the shipper wanted/paid for. Manager was signed onto a different route number than they normally do and denied sending the original approval/message. Said photograph of message shown during GFT process was deemed not worthy because "electronic devices" are not allowed. Say it can't happen......

True story

This is very strong supporting evidence for only delivering on a controlled release or by getting the direct signature. What a great company!! Actually, this 5 year courier was probably being done a long-term favor by getting out of this snake pit.

vantexan

This is very strong supporting evidence for only delivering on a controlled release or by getting the direct signature. What a great company!! Actually, this 5 year courier was probably being done a long-term favor by getting out of this snake pit.

Ever get an international with the words "ok for driver release" but the barcode still has isr built in? I manually released one a couple of weeks ago. Haven't heard anything, but if I weren't a short timer I wouldn't have done it.

StuffItFred

Yes they were. Spoke to this courier a few months back and he landed some decent job as a warehouse supervisor for a large scale car parts company and loves it. Making a little over $18/hr starting pay. Told him it was the best thing that could have happened to him. And that he would have NEVER seen $18/hr at FredEx.

fedupped

Ever get an international with the words "ok for driver release" but the barcode still has isr built in? I manually released one a couple of weeks ago. Haven't heard anything, but if I weren't a short timer I wouldn't have done it.

You can hit shipper release on that, it will take it. Put in shippers name.

StuffItFred

You can hit shipper release on that, it will take it. Put in shippers name.

You can chose shipper release on a ISR pkg. The problem is once you do that and there is ever an issue you have ZERO proof it said ok for driver release on the pkg. Unless I get a paper from a CSA or a control release I will not leave it. Just CYA in all aspects. Trust me your managers do not give a flying pile of panda poo about you or any other courier. When security shows up it is you against the world. And guess what? Your manager will hang you out to dry EVERYTIME! I have seen it happen a dozen times or more.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
You can chose shipper release on a ISR pkg. The problem is once you do that and there is ever an issue you have ZERO proof it said ok for driver release on the pkg. Unless I get a paper from a CSA or a control release I will not leave it. Just CYA in all aspects. Trust me your managers do not give a flying pile of panda poo about you or any other courier. When security shows up it is you against the world. And guess what? Your manager will hang you out to dry EVERYTIME! I have seen it happen a dozen times or more.
I've released some packages like that before but I always take a picture of the label with my smartphone.

StuffItFred

I've released some packages like that before but I always take a picture of the label with my smartphone.

Yeah, the sad part of that is when your GFT process goes about and you pull out your cell phone all of the sudden "electronic devices" are not allowed. I have seen that happen as I stated in a previous post. Just CYA is all I can say and do.

overflowed

Yeah, the sad part of that is when your GFT process goes about and you pull out your cell phone all of the sudden "electronic devices" are not allowed. I have seen that happen as I stated in a previous post. Just CYA is all I can say and do.

I asked about these packages before out of curiosity. Manager said unless there is a release # on it you will be screwed if something happens.

DontThrowPackages

And a perfect example goes like this:

5yr courier goes to deliver pkg and customer is not home. The pkg has DSR so he tags it and leaves. Later in his day he gets a message over the ppad to reattempt and leave at back door from CSA. Courier responds with pkg is DSR and cannot release properly without circumventing the ppad. Gets a message roughly 20mins later from station manager saying "ok to manually enter tracking number and release at back door. Hot hot item and valuable customer."
Courier reattempts and does as stated and took a picture of the message fom his manager with his cell phone. Upon his return to the station he finds out customer disputes delivery and manager claims the message was never sent by him/her. Terminated for bypassing the DSR feature the shipper wanted/paid for. Manager was signed onto a different route number than they normally do and denied sending the original approval/message. Said photograph of message shown during GFT process was deemed not worthy because "electronic devices" are not allowed. Say it can't happen......

True story
We all know in the world of GFT nothing to benefit the employee is allow. I hope he took them to court and not the kangaroo court that is the GFT process.

StuffItFred

We all know in the world of GFT nothing to benefit the employee is allow. I hope he took them to court and not the kangaroo court that is the GFT process.

Exactly, it is you and you only during the GFT. Most anything that can benefit the soon to be permanently terminated employee is deemed no good. There is a better acronym for GFT....I will leave it at that