DRA

Doc Sorting Dude

This is going to sound crazy but DRA is working for me. In the past we all would take our regular stops and I can tell you that the stop counts were'nt close to being fair. I would take 65-70 P2 when the crr next to me took 45-50. This has been going on for years and finally the counts due to DRA are evened out . Being at the apex of my route my stop count has gone down but the area coverage has gotten larger. It takes a little getting used to but now the guys who took less stops before are now hemming and hawwing to just how busy their area got.

The fact that we are getting out of the building later makes DRA work in my favor, seems DRA thinks because I help out on the AM sort my P1 and P2's have been cut to about a third. So do I think they'll ever go back to the old way? Not a chance. They basically have the right idea but making the routes smaller (stop count) but its the guys at the end of the loop who;s getting killed (part timers,late starters,...etc). It's still too early to discount this new and efficient way of delivering. I'm for one is interested in what kind of improvements they have in the future.

newgirl

I would have to agree that the playing field has been somewhat leveled. Couriers cherry picked their areas/stops and left the garbage to everyone else.

How long have you had DRA running? Did you used to get all of those stops done in time or were they paying you OT? Did you lose OT?

Guapo

I agree with Doc - DRA at least kept people honest even if the stop order was a joke. Since we stopped using it I'm getting way more p2 than rest of loop. And having more lates.

chargerlou

I agree with Doc - DRA at least kept people honest even if the stop order was a joke. Since we stopped using it I'm getting way more p2 than rest of loop. And having more lates.[
One of my stops I had 3 fedex envelopes with my route on one which was P1 and the other SO had another route nbr on it then and the express saver too. I showed the security guard who signed for them and he laughed saying some system you all have there, I said yup garbage in garbage out!!!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
You know it's pathetic when ya start getting laughed at by the SECURITY GUARD

The security guard who makes $10 per hour could have created a better system than the MEM "geniuses" who make $1M (or more) per year. You know, like Dave, MT3, and the other people who had to approve the DRA fiasco.

chargerlou

The security guard who makes $10 per hour could have created a better system than the MEM "geniuses" who make $1M (or more) per year. You know, like Dave, MT3, and the other people who had to approve the DRA fiasco.
Kinda funny this was at a federal court house and guard was retired police officer, making a little more than $10 bucks an hour ha ha but it doesnt take a genius to figure out if the shoe dont fit dont wear it !!!

overflowed

Kinda funny this was at a federal court house and guard was retired police officer, making a little more than $10 bucks an hour ha ha but it doesnt take a genius to figure out if the shoe dont fit dont wear it !!!

I have worked federal buildings. If he wears the court security badge? They make way more than we make even topped out. Plus his 50% at the very least of what he was making in his last year of work. In most large cities this is about 100K for a cop so he's taking 50K in pension at the the minimum. Plus his 25 an hour or more. Our deal keeps getting better.

chargerlou

I would have to agree that the playing field has been somewhat leveled. Couriers cherry picked their areas/stops and left the garbage to everyone else.

How long have you had DRA running? Did you used to get all of those stops done in time or were they paying you OT? Did you lose OT?
3 months well they changed area made my first stop about a mile from station and then gradually got me to my old area. then it finished me about a mile from station then I had to go back to my area about 10 mins worth of time to do pick up route and on paper it might have showed the investors i was getting to my first stop quick but I had same hours at the end of day.. I liked getting the plotted map and liked having the ability to see my stops on paper. this DRA is fooling the investors who are only looking at certain numbers fed ex is bull ****ting the investors big time!!!!

fedupped

So dra is working and is very efficient?

Guapo

So Dra was working and they decided to quit using it?

In my loop they had 1 guy (favorite:surprised:) cut the map-guess who goes out with 45 p2 and who gets around 80 p2. like I said at least with DRA everyone was done by 330 cause we were balanced.

vantexan

In my loop they had 1 guy (favorite:surprised:) cut the map-guess who goes out with 45 p2 and who gets around 80 p2. like I said at least with DRA everyone was done by 330 cause we were balanced.

Years ago we had a young courier handling vacation scheduling. Amazing how she always had personal time around major holidays.

newgirl

So dra is working and is very efficient?

No. Far from efficient. We are spending way more in hours and fuel than ever before. The PTmers are getting more hours than some of the FTmers. DRA makes way more routes than we ever ran before. But we are making service and that's what matters. Til May 31st anyway. Then the poop hits the fan.

But, folks can't drop the bulk stop in the middle of their route or the p2 at the end of the one-way in, one-way out developments anymore. It has your route, it's yours--DRA says so. Unless you have a good reason (like it's ACO and DRA just put it on your route because it felt like it) you have to take it.

DontThrowPackages

No. Far from efficient. We are spending way more in hours and fuel than ever before. The PTmers are getting more hours than some of the FTmers. DRA makes way more routes than we ever ran before. But we are making service and that's what matters. Til May 31st anyway. Then the poop hits the fan.

But, folks can't drop the bulk stop in the middle of their route or the p2 at the end of the one-way in, one-way out developments anymore. It has your route, it's yours--DRA says so. Unless you have a good reason (like it's ACO and DRA just put it on your route because it felt like it) you have to take it.
Sounds good to me. Do what DRA asks of and that's it. WAD.

Goldilocks

If you are a base line route you are screwed. They are the first to be cut....