Draft List

Jayhawk

Can someone help me with the Draft list policy. Where can I find it or can someone send me a link. I found out today that I am up next on the "draft" list. There are actually 3 ahead of me but they don't have to work because they are on vacation next week. My understanding is that they should still be drafted because saturday isn't next week. Its still this work week. Others are saying they can't be forced this saturday or next.....

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Probably varies from station to station and I'm not sure what the policy actually is but.....the way I've always understood is that if you are on vacation next week, then you can be forced to work the Saturday before.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Can someone help me with the Draft list policy. Where can I find it or can someone send me a link. I found out today that I am up next on the "draft" list. There are actually 3 ahead of me but they don't have to work because they are on vacation next week. My understanding is that they should still be drafted because saturday isn't next week. Its still this work week. Others are saying they can't be forced this saturday or next.....

A draft list should be reverse seniority. In other words, from the bottom up.

DRAisawesome

Yes not drafted either Saturday. But understand this. Not sure how long you have been with the company. They will find a random "list" and you will work if they need someone bad enough. No union = no protection or rules.

Jayhawk

Think of it this way. If you were scheduled for vacation, would you want to be drafted on the Saturdays of that week?
That doesn't matter. If it's your turn it's your turn. We have guys making "deals" with other guys and then are being skipped in the rotation.

!Retired!

1. I could be wrong, but I don't remember seeing anything in the People's Manual about a draft list.
2. You are correct. Saturday is this week and they should work. I was on vacation the week after Mothers Day. I flat out told the Saturday manager (he made the schedule and I'm on good terms with him) "I'm on vacation next week, I'll work Saturday, but not Sunday"

policy 4-96

Assignment of Planned Additional Hours
When business necessity requires the distribution of additional hours, every effort is made to equitably distribute extra hours according to the employee’s ability to do the work. Management should cross-train employees within a job grouping in order to distribute additional hours equitably.
Employees who volunteer (part-time or full-time) for assignments will be accepted on a continuous rotation basis beginning with the highest Company continuous service. In the event there are insufficient volunteers, full-time employees will be drafted in reverse continuous order (lowest to highest) within the job class. The volunteer and draft list must be exhausted before starting over at the top of the list.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
policy 4-96

Assignment of Planned Additional Hours
When business necessity requires the distribution of additional hours, every effort is made to equitably distribute extra hours according to the employee’s ability to do the work. Management should cross-train employees within a job grouping in order to distribute additional hours equitably.
Employees who volunteer (part-time or full-time) for assignments will be accepted on a continuous rotation basis beginning with the highest Company continuous service. In the event there are insufficient volunteers, full-time employees will be drafted in reverse continuous order (lowest to highest) within the job class. The volunteer and draft list must be exhausted before starting over at the top of the list.

What I said. OLCC yourself for copying policy without express written permission from Memphis.