Draft women

Should women be made to register for the draft now that congress has OKed them for combat?

• yes--they wanted equal rights and by god they got them

Votes: 12 85.7%
  • no--put them up on a pedestal and worship them

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • only if they look like they could beat up a marine to begin with

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters

Gear

Parts on Order
No. If the draft comes back, its bad. It wouldn't be a time to be politically correct. Letting women sign up for the draft sounds like the right thing to do, when its not needed. But if a war was bad enough to draft, lives are being lost quick. Would the PC people be ready to bury hundreds or thousands of dead 18 year girls? I wouldnt be ready. My son can go, not my daughter.

rod

Retired 22 years
No. If the draft comes back, its bad. It wouldn't be a time to be politically correct. Letting women sign up for the draft sounds like the right thing to do, when its not needed. But if a war was bad enough to draft, lives are being lost quick. Would the PC people be ready to bury hundreds or thousands of dead 18 year girls? I wouldnt be ready. My son can go, not my daughter.

But they just can't have it both ways---either they can be totally equal or not. No one wants to see 18 year olds, male or female, drafted anymore but what's fair is fair.

rod

Retired 22 years
I say let the women fight the next wars by themselves----- us guys haven't been able to win one since WWII (through no fault of our own). --its their turn to try.

bbsam

Staff member
images

These two women have gone further than most men in military training. I bet there are a lot more who could do it too.