Draft women

Should women be made to register for the draft now that congress has OKed them for combat?

• yes--they wanted equal rights and by god they got them

Votes: 12 85.7%
  • no--put them up on a pedestal and worship them

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • only if they look like they could beat up a marine to begin with

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
When I was still in high school I attempted signing up for the Navy and going straight to BUD/S but with my piss poor vision I wasn't even eligible. A few years down the road I got with a recruiter and tried again with the Coast Guard but still wasn't eligible for the same reason. Makes me wonder if I'd even be eligible to draft in the first place.

upschuck

When I was still in high school I attempted signing up for the Navy and going straight to BUD/S but with my piss poor vision I wasn't even eligible. A few years down the road I got with a recruiter and tried again with the Coast Guard but still wasn't eligible for the same reason. Makes me wonder if I'd even be eligible to draft in the first place.
Yet you drive a CMV

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The standards are generally lower in a draft.

rod

Retired 22 years

When I was drafted my eye doctor told me "don't worry----they weren't even drafting guys into WWII with your vision". Apparently the rules had changed for Vietnam because off I went.

Gear

Parts on Order
But they just can't have it both ways---either they can be totally equal or not. No one wants to see 18 year olds, male or female, drafted anymore but what's fair is fair.

Families can survive with a war damaged father, we know that. I dont think it would be the same way with a war damaged mother. Guys come back with mental problems, drink and work at the mill with other vets. While mothers are at home raising the family. What happens when moms come home damaged? I think we would have a generation of messed up kids. Kids need both parents, but mothers are more important.

rod

Retired 22 years
Families can survive with a war damaged father, we know that. I dont think it would be the same way with a war damaged mother. Guys come back with mental problems, drink and work at the mill with other vets. While mothers are at home raising the family. What happens when moms come home damaged? I think we would have a generation of messed up kids. Kids need both parents, but mothers are more important.

I wasn't arguing that women aren't important. Along with equal rights comes equal responsibilities.