Drastic hour change..

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by TurtleMan87, Feb 18, 2008.

1. TurtleMan87

TurtleMan87 New Member

Ok, first off I can't complain.. I was hired off the street to preload/combo ... I thought I was hired perm. for that position. ... well 2 - 3 days after my first day I was told I was just covering someone in that combo job cause they were out on wokers comp. Well I was working 25 hours a week... barely making it.. Lost my full time job a few wks before xmas so UPS is my only income.. Today I was told that the person is back and took their postion back from me.. Now I only preload and losing about 5 - 7.5 hours perweek ... Also I will be losing my benefits from LVL 1 down to LVL 2 in May or June.... A heads up would have been nice UPS!!

2. Penguin

Penguin New Member

UPS doesn't give heads ups. We are just low paid peons that can be used up and thrown away.:whiteflag:

3. rocket man

rocket man Well-Known Member

if your a union member wright a grivance. it might help your not defeated yet do not give up you will be suprised what a blue papper can do DO IT NOW GOOD LUCK:smart:

4. rocket man

rocket man Well-Known Member

Also in your thread you answered your own question? you have over 31 days you were hired as PERMANENT permanent permanent :smart:

5. TurtleMan87

TurtleMan87 New Member

Even if she has senority?? She entitled to job security ?? I dont want to throw anyone under the bus.. but I need to make my money too..

On hire I did strickly my clerk job ( 5am - 945 )

Supe said only 1 person is needed from 5am - 6am, so seniority got that. So I unloaded 430 am - 7am then clerk duties 7am-915am .

Now the person that was on workers comp. for 7 months is back, took my clerk job, so now I preload 430am-8 ...

Now both of the clerks have same start time and BS the whole shift.. Shouldnt the lower senority person now have to do what I did, or start at 6 am to start their job??

6. Umm if you didn't know UPS is a Union shop

7. IDoLessWorkThanMost

IDoLessWorkThanMost New Member

Most AM shifts run from anywhere from 3:30am to 9:30 am (usually 4-9). The people with the most seniority gets the hours, either coming in early or leaving late ( but totaling around 5 hours).
    There's no reason to think you should have a hand in the cookie jar when you don't have the same amount of time in.
    Besides, you should not put yourself in a predicament financially or insurance wise relying on a newly hired part time job at UPS. You're to blame for that if anyone!

8. toeknee2gx

toeknee2gx New Member

Bingo...

9. edd_tv

edd_tv Cardboard picker upper

our part timers struggle to get their three and a half

10. TurtleMan87

TurtleMan87 New Member

Yeah, :censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2: happens... There already trying to send me home 3 hours into the shift.... were really slow right now...

11. ImpactedTSG

ImpactedTSG New Member

Is anyone else finding these posts hard to follow with the lack of grammar and punctuation?