Dress code

Sean1692

Hi everyone I was wondering if you have a. Link for dress code for delivery drivers I hate wearing the ups socks I like to wear ankle socks you can't even see but get crap for it all the time but I was told by a fellow driver that the dress code has changed and now they allow black ankle socks
Thanks in advance !

Cementups

Box Monkey
All depends on your management team. Upper management likes to try to enforce the brown socks. I wear black UA ankle socks and carry a pair of brown socks in my bag to throw on for show in case the DM or OM happen to be on property. Then I take them off as soon as I get on area. Only happens once every couple months or so.

Packmule

I am assuming that you are referring to when you wear shorts. Then, yes, UPS socks are required by the dress code language. We just got them handed to us Friday morning for review, so I'm current.
However, if you also wear the medium high boot that is also required a sock won't show and won't matter. I do believe there is a UPS ankle sock available as well.

mrbrownstone

I wear brown socks with my boots but not UPS branded ones. I got Goldtoe Powersox at Sears. No one has said anything to me at my center and they are fairly strict. They do sell UPS branded crew and ankle socks on UPSers.com.

Sent using BrownCafe App

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
Just look at the socks of the other older drivers and that will tell your everything you need to know. Buuuuut...even if they're all wearing the UPS socks...it's a small price to pay for eventually making $55-105k a year.

brownrod

I've never owned ups socks. Don't know where to get them. Black ankle socks all the way.
Not sure I've even seen any "upper management" in the last 5 years. It used to be that occasionally some people in suits would show up. But they were never introduced in any manner. wouldn't know who they were...

oldngray

nowhere special
sockpuppet-1.jpg

http://www.hometipsworld.com/how-to-make-superfunny-sock-puppets.html

9.5er

Been wearing black ankle socks for a couple years. Management had no problems with it until a few weeks ago. DM showed up for a couple of days and now all of a sudden we are required to wear UPS socks. I HATE UPS SOCKS!! But I like wearing shorts so I wear them into the building and change out on the route.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I Agree with all them ^^ My former center manager couldn't have cared less about the socks as long as you came in, and did your job well. Once he got moved, his replacement was MUCH more excited about it than he should have been. Our current center manager rarely comes out of his office, so he clearly doesn't care.

On that note, I wear UPS socks every day. However, before I put my shoes on I roll the sock and fold it over itself below the top of my boots. So technically I can't get yelled at because I am wearing UPS socks, but I still get the sexiest of leg tans :)

By The Book

Been wearing black ankle socks for a couple years. Management had no problems with it until a few weeks ago. DM showed up for a couple of days and now all of a sudden we are required to wear UPS socks. I HATE UPS SOCKS!! But I like wearing shorts so I wear them into the building and change out on the route.
Your a rebel! You go man!