DRIVE

804brown

Ahhh, so you too discovered that all that money goes to Democrats...

Wrong it goes mostly to Dems because they vote for labor's causes. But some Repubs get our money too like Rep Peter King of NY. He happens to be a baffoon but he needs labor's votes every 2 yrs to stay n power so he gives us a vote for the minimum wage every now and then. Big deal.

804brown

Lol, too funny, I almost said that myself!

Now that I think about it, both establishment parties are bought and sold by the same powerful corporations and rich folk. Time to take that money and fund a real labor party! The members dont need to be "educated" (the "E" in DRIVE), the corporate pols need to be un Elected!!

menotyou

bella amicizia
Both parties are a joke. If you don't own a lobbyist, you don't count. We need a new party. Downtown Brown? Box Party? Just goofin'. But, they are a joke.

804brown

Want to rid Washington of Lobbyists? http://www.fairtax.org is your answer.

You cant ban lobbying. Every citizen has a constitutional right to lobby their elected officials. What you can ban is all private money from all elections. So those big lobbyists can talk to their congressmen, but without that big fat check in their hands, they are nothing but citizens in expensive suits!!

brett636

You cant ban lobbying. Every citizen has a constitutional right to lobby their elected officials. What you can ban is all private money from all elections. So those big lobbyists can talk to their congressmen, but without that big fat check in their hands, they are nothing but citizens in expensive suits!!

Without an incentive to lobby(tax breaks) you have no lobbyists. Which is one of many reasons I support the fair tax.

542thruNthru

Sorry to bring this thread back from the grave but didn't wanna start a new thread for a single question.

If you give money to DRIVE do they stop taking the money after a year like United Way or does it continue till you stop it yourself? I ask because I have been told different answers for my local and my stewards.

Again sorry for bringing this old thread back :)

PT Car Washer

Sorry to bring this thread back from the grave but didn't wanna start a new thread for a single question.

If you give money to DRIVE do they stop taking the money after a year like United Way or does it continue till you stop it yourself? I ask because I have been told different answers for my local and my stewards.

Again sorry for bringing this old thread back :)
I have been contributing to DRIVE for over 20 years. I only signed up one time. Glad it is only a $1 per pay period.

542thruNthru

Wow I'm a little disappointed in my local. Told me it was for 1 year at a time. I understand if you want my money but don't lie to me to get it. Alright thanks for the info. Now I won't be surprised when it's still on my check after a year.