Driver Classes

Gonzo0082

hey everyone, im a new member to this forum as i just found it. i have been with ups for 5 years as a preloader, i have been wanting to become a driver ever since i started. so i have a few questions.

i'm trying for the reg.temp/sat. air driver position. at first they said i would be going through intergrad i have been preparing for that, ive taken all the computer tests, and everything else. but now they say i will be going to a different class, and that it isnt integrad. does anyone know what is different at this other class?

i have been studying the 5 seeing habits and 10 pt commentary every chance i get to make sure i have the best chance at passing, should i be studying other things as well? and if so what else should i be studying?

i heard integrad is more of a bootcamp and this other class is easier, but im still preparing for it to be somewhat like bootcamp. so with that in mind im making sure my uniform is ***** hot, (air force basic training motto).... i.e. no loose threads on uniform, proper footwear. i have been looking for shoes to take with me to the class and have found a couple options, can you give me some input?
heres option number 1.
HTML:
http://www.shopnewbalance.com/men/shoes/team-sports/basketball/BB623BK?filterSize=15&filterWidth=D&swatch=
newbalance 623.
number 2.
HTML:
http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/?l=shop,pdp,ctr-inline/cid-1/pid-361315/pgid-361317
nike air monarch IV.
and number 3.
HTML:
http://www.batesfootwear.com/US/en-US/Product.mvc.aspx/24437M/0/Mens/Delta-Sport-Shoe?dimensions=0
bates delta sport.

thanks for your help in advance.

badpal.

avoiding brown kool-aid
The Monarchs will get you through school and your initial driving period without breaking the bank. Personally, I switch between Eccos and Nike Airmax shoes in better weather and Danners in snowy/crappy weather.

I hear from newer drivers who did the local class that it wasn't hard. Don't grind gears, meet appearance standards and know you 5 and 8 and you pass.

Good luck to you!

Gonzo0082

thanks for the input, im not worried about the cost of shoes. to me its better to pay more and be comfortable and have support than to save a couple dollars and regret it every time you put them on.

when you say 5 and 8, are you referring to 5 keys to prevent slips and falls, and 8 keys to lifting and lowering? if so i know that like the back of my hand. or is there a different 5 and 8 keys for drivers to remember?

badpal.

avoiding brown kool-aid
whoops...I meant 10pt commentary and 5 seeing habits. so many damn acronyms and crap to remember. I agree that you shouldn't skimp on shoes because that could hurt you down the line. also look into good insoles.

Gonzo0082

yes, ill be staying in a hotel. i wouldnt be drinking until after i pass the class to celebrate, or if i fail the class to forget. either way that friday night will be a blast.

UPSGUY72

yes, ill be staying in a hotel. i wouldnt be drinking until after i pass the class to celebrate, or if i fail the class to forget. either way that friday night will be a blast.

Just don't drive after you celebrate or your celebration will be short lived.

Gonzo0082

nothing wrong with paying out of pocket to have a nice place to crash an extra night in a city you rarely get to visit after passing a class to improve your career. it would be crazy not to.