Driver/Dispatcher Bashing Time

Overpaid Union Thug

Anyone else have that one driver (or more) in their center that has made a habit of of getting the PDS to move work from their route over to an adjacent route? Do they do so out of a genuine desire to improve efficiency and to help the customers or is it out of pure selfishness and only because they don't want to run those stops? Ours (mainly one person) is definitely of the latter category. But they all make me sick. They come in looking all pissed off and already have an attitude before they have even punched in. They go straight to (after checking the OR to see how much bonus they made the day before) the computer and start scrolling to look for what they will get cut off. There is one that gets there super early...and I mean VERY early...so that he's already gotten his route just the way he wants it before the next early bird has even made it into the parking lot.

Another one, and he is actually the one that really pisses people off, comes in about 30 minutes early and there is rarely a day that he doesn't get something moved to an adjacent route. And these stops may or may not be right on the border of his route and the other routes he cuts them to but his motive is purely getting off early and avoiding stops he doesn't like to mess with. He never asks for work that could easily be considered better for him to run to be cut to him. He might ask for something that is on the adjacent route but is on the opposite end so that he can get more miles in order to pad his bonus. But those are just quick and easy pickups.

What really bugs us is that the PDS listens to these people. I'd tell them ask the other driver first or say YOU BID IT YOU RUN IT. One of them is a lower seniority driver and he's really starting to piss off some veteran drivers. We even have drivers that normally don't see eye to eye conspiring to fix this problem. LOL!

What has been done to end these habits in other centers? I've already told the PDS not to move anything to my route for those guys without asking me first.

Rainman

Its all good.
We have several drivers like that. The funny part is, they are on adjacent country routes. So for the most part, they are conspiring against one another. They don't try to screw each other over too much, as payback is hell. So they have to dance around to get things adjusted without dogging each other to much. It can be entertaining to see how they do it.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
You guys must get in early if you still see the PDS. Ours is a PTer and the guy starts at 1AM and is out for 630. I don't think it's a mistake on his part. I think the dude fears for his life when drivers walk into the office.

9.5er

It amazes me how certain drivers always get stops taken off but others never get any moved.

Just another one of the perks to being one of managements "favorites". For the record I hardly ever get stops moved off me.

Anthonysg0113

It amazes me how certain drivers always get stops taken off but others never get any moved.

Just another one of the perks to being one of managements "favorites". For the record I hardly ever get stops moved off me.
It's funny how that works. In my center it's the same 4 to 5 guys going up to the dispatch office.

mdnj88

I get stops added on routes I cover

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Lately I've been bitching plenty but not because I don't want to run my own work. They have been slashing routes too deep and loading me up with business add cuts that I cant service before they close.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Anyone else have that one driver (or more) in their center that has made a habit of of getting the PDS to move work from their route over to an adjacent route?
Had the guy who parked next to me in the lineup (and had the delivery area next to me) who whined all the time about how much work he had, etc, and they would invariably give me 10-20 stops/day off this guy. The pisser is, when I'd get in after doing his stops after I did my own route, there would be his package car, unloaded, washed, fueled and the engine was cold, parked in his designated spot. He only wanted the volume that would make him look good on paper. Must have worked. He got promoted, quickly made it to center manager, then unceremoniously got fired for working a second job.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
Anyone else have that one driver (or more) in their center that has made a habit of of getting the PDS to move work from their route over to an adjacent route? Do they do so out of a genuine desire to improve efficiency and to help the customers or is it out of pure selfishness and only because they don't want to run those stops? Ours (mainly one person) is definitely of the latter category. But they all make me sick. They come in looking all :censored2: off and already have an attitude before they have even punched in. They go straight to (after checking the OR to see how much bonus they made the day before) the computer and start scrolling to look for what they will get cut off. There is one that gets there super early...and I mean VERY early...so that he's already gotten his route just the way he wants it before the next early bird has even made it into the parking lot.

Another one, and he is actually the one that really pisses people off, comes in about 30 minutes early and there is rarely a day that he doesn't get something moved to an adjacent route. And these stops may or may not be right on the border of his route and the other routes he cuts them to but his motive is purely getting off early and avoiding stops he doesn't like to mess with. He never asks for work that could easily be considered better for him to run to be cut to him. He might ask for something that is on the adjacent route but is on the opposite end so that he can get more miles in order to pad his bonus. But those are just quick and easy pickups.

What really bugs us is that the PDS listens to these people. I'd tell them ask the other driver first or say YOU BID IT YOU RUN IT. One of them is a lower seniority driver and he's really starting to piss off some veteran drivers. We even have drivers that normally don't see eye to eye conspiring to fix this problem. LOL!

What has been done to end these habits in other centers? I've already told the PDS not to move anything to my route for those guys without asking me first.
Yin and Yang brother, pick your battles. Its a complex game

novadriver

I got screwed by another driver who bid on a route with apartments then got them put on a route ive been covering for months.. so im out until 8-9pm every night while hes done at 4pm almost everyday.. it sucks