Driver Doing On Road Observations

We had a driver on TAW who collected his paycheck while sitting at home.

Resident know-it-all.

Depends on the circumstances.

I was on TAW for 5-6 days until I saw an orthopedic Dr for my injury. He prescribed medication for the pain. Medication the you can't take and drive on a cdl. Can't drive, can't come in for TAW.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Putting the driver's name on that sheet is NOT an option.

The intersection audits only get a car number wrote down, its very hard to be accurate grading all points since the stop happens so fast. Plus we have 110 cars leaving my building, which means one intersection gets about 65 cars and the other intersection gets about 45 cars in a half hour period. Like I said, I stand right out in the open and everybody can see me standing next to the road with a clipboard, so a majority of the checkmarks are "safe". We also look for unchained rear rollup doors, even though they aren't on the audit sheet and aren't recorded for Liberty Mutual. Monday morning I had six drivers stop about a thousand feet down the road and run back to check their doors, they were chained when they got to me. The On Area Audits are impossible to grade accurately too, since the observer can't be in a position to see everything on the audit sheet. You would need to be in front of the package car within hearing range to grade everything and have eagle eyesight to see everything on the checklist.

Neither audit sheet has a driver's name on it. I wasn't clocked in on a DIAD while working TAW, my time was entered under "Safety" in the computer at the end of the day. The way I understand it, each Center is supposed to have so many hours counted as Safety Training, this is how Safety Committee members are out doing audits. There are a couple of dozen types of audits done for Liberty Mutual, these are entered into their website as the observer being a non-management safety committee member and doesn't use the driver's name at all. My shop steward does them too, its an easy way for veteran drivers to have an easy day and the newer drivers get a chance to work.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
If you come up to I-80 I'll run over your foot for you so you can ride it out till retirement. :)
I will be there in a few weeks, Just run it over a little or both just a little so i dont have to go in for TAW. I will say it was a hit and run over..................

Z

ZQXC

I was on my way home last night and noticed one of our newer drivers delivering to a local convenience store. He was parked in a manner which could have easily caused him to be blocked in while making the delivery. He was also blocking the visual access of the gas pumps, which could have led to a drive-off. I pulled in and pointed out what I saw and gave him advice on how to deliver this stop in the future. He thanked me for stopping.

There would have been no time for a drive-off, if you had not delayed the driver with your pompous lecture.

FYI - Don't ever try this stunt anywhere but your own center, or you could end up wearing your ass like a hat.

UPSGUY72

A couple of things have happened here the last couple of days at work that have made me look at the "Union Brother" statement in a different light.

It's dawned on me that if someone was truly a "Union Brother" then they would not be doing things that playce another "Union Brother" in an awkward position in the first place.

A Union is not a skirt to hide behind after you cut corners or friend-up.

Bingo

However there are some people that feel that union gives them a free pass to be a total friend--ing idiot and not have to worry about there job....

Foamer Pyle

The "Saftey Committee" is made up of two types of people.

1) The greedy types that join so that they can start early and hold a clip board to pad their OT. This is why I call it the "Overtime Committee"

2) Your classic brown nosing types.
At my center, they are all the Greedy overtime types. I have never seen anything good come from the safety committee. It's nothing more than a dog and pony show.

Sent using BrownCafe App