driver dress code...hats/caps?

bear123

Please don't misunderstand me, I know it is not a dischargeable offense. My point was, you know there are some people in mngment that would try to make it such. I'm SURE it would not stand IF they did that.

Actually mgmt could make it a fireable offense by saying the driver refused to follow instructions. failing to follow instructions is a fireable offense.:hang:

local804

Actually mgmt could make it a fireable offense by saying the driver refused to follow instructions. failing to follow instructions is a fireable offense.:hang:

We have steps that must be followed before UPS pulls the trigger bear. Once they follow their rules of progressive discipline, they can fire away.

DorkHead

We have this problem at our center also, along with brown pullovers and other stuff. I personally don`t like it. These items are not part of the uniform. I don`t think it is to much to ask that when we are on the clock we wear proper attire.
I have spoken to the center manager about this and nothing has been done about it. I`m sure that a few warning letters would solve this problem.

Feeder Leader

Bear123 has it dead on. Any action can be terminable if you fail to work as directed within the two overrides (safety or legality). As for the uniform, t-shirt, hat, shoes etc, mgmt has the express duty of making sure their people are working in accordance to the set guidelines. If mgmt is also working improperly (no name tags or other), doesn't make you right. It just makes them wrong also.

Gman24

Bear123 has it dead on. Any action can be terminable if you fail to work as directed within the two overrides (safety or legality). As for the uniform, t-shirt, hat, shoes etc, mgmt has the express duty of making sure their people are working in accordance to the set guidelines. If mgmt is also working improperly (no name tags or other), doesn't make you right. It just makes them wrong also.

I couldn't agree more! I still can't believe there are people who think they should be able to make the rules as they go, and NOT FOLLOW THEM. JMHO:wink:

over9five

Staff member
I can't believe there are drivers out there that have the time to think, "Gee, I look better with a black hat". Are they gay? Just wear what the company gives you. It's not a fashion show.

browniehound

I know in the past we were voted in a certain poll as having the sexiest uniforms in the country. Why would you want to alter that if the "chicks" out there think you're hot? Like over95 said, its not a fashion contest, just wear what the company issues you, they're the ones paying for it.

I

I prefer "metrosexual"...

I can't believe there are drivers out there that have the time to think, "Gee, I look better with a black hat". Are they gay? Just wear what the company gives you. It's not a fashion show.

cuz I'm not a sheep. Most of the drivers at my hub are pretty homely looking so why should I dress the same as them? I don't want to wear the same hat as "Billy" who looks like the twin brother of Sloth from The Goonies. I haven't worn UPS socks in years. I wear black no-show socks and a brown Quicksilver hat. I'm probably the most stylish UPS driver in the world.

-Hot Stuff

rushfan

It all depends if we are getting audited. I'm 37, and maybe I'm getting an old farts attitude, but the "young uns" look like crap. One wears a black hooded sweatshirt under his vest. Another wears a non issued brown "MR. Rogers"cartigan sweater while on his route. Just like the shine missing on the package cars, so is our appearance.

raceanoncr

cuz I'm not a sheep. Most of the drivers at my hub are pretty homely looking so why should I dress the same as them? I don't want to wear the same hat as "Billy" who looks like the twin brother of Sloth from The Goonies. I haven't worn UPS socks in years. I wear black no-show socks and a brown Quicksilver hat. I'm probably the most stylish UPS driver in the world.

-Hot Stuff

I'll bet both your arms are broke too from patting yerself on the back

aspenleaf

I know in the past we were voted in a certain poll as having the sexiest uniforms in the country. Why would you want to alter that if the "chicks" out there think you're hot? Like over95 said, its not a fashion contest, just wear what the company issues you, they're the ones paying for it.

What poll would that be? I like brown so I'd vote for you but are you all hotter than the firemen? I like those uniforms but I don't want to see them (because that might mean my home is on fire). So I'd much rather see my UPS driver any day over the firemen. Although some upsers may be hot it is not really the uniform. It is someone who looks sharp (no wrinkles, great attitude and smile). A slob in a brown uniform (or any uniform) is just sad.

aspenleaf

-Hot Stuff

You must be kidding right? I think you miss the point of a uniform . . . everyone is supposed to look the same. I am sure the chicks on your route just dig you and if you do a good job I don't care what socks or hat you wear. However why waste all your hotness at UPS; why aren't you a model making more money?

DS

Fenderbender

-Hot Stuff
HA...you`d be sent home early at my center...and yes you are a sheep..we all are..if you want to dress in black,midnight
express is always looking for people...now take off those
earings and put on your uniform.
Do send us a pic tho`darlin~