Driver Fatigue

bigbrownhen

Did the driver actually fall asleep or just kind of "zone" out. You are not really asleep, but fatigued enough you aren't aware of your surroundings completly and your reaction time is dramaticly affected. I have heard over the road truckers have this happen from time to time. One milk hauler I know got rear ended going 60 mph on a major highway once. The driver that hit him was "zoning". Im sure there is a better term for it, but I'm not sure what it is.

Theichii

i had times during one peak season where i have to drive 45 miles back the center after working for 10.5 hours where i ended up at the center and i don't remember the trip back. Talk about scary.

over9five

Staff member
i had times during one peak season where i have to drive 45 miles back the center after working for 10.5 hours where i ended up at the center and i don't remember the trip back. Talk about scary.
I've had that happen:

"How the hell did I get here????"

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I have trouble remembering where I parked my personal vehicle sometimes. I'll come out of the gate to leave at night and have to look for it. I guess thats a sign of fatigue, or maybe old age.:yawn: