driver fired for leaving keys in van inside locked compound

705red

Browncafe Steward
They say if he was union they could help him but he's not. less than half the drivers are in the union here.
If he had the choice to be union and choose not to than good for him! Maybe he can find a good non union job! This is a huge reason why everyone that has the choice should join.

Hey Irish where are you from? My parents are both from Ireland.

Also what are the wages for a driver in Ireland? Here we are just over $29 an hour.

M

Mike23

So, all these posts on saying 'don't leave the car running on the yard!'. I can't tell you how many times I've left vehicles running on the yard. Why? Because it's -30 Celsius and is therefore deemed to be 'unsafe' to stay in the darn thing while it's warming up. Of course, that's when you can actually start it in the -30 weather.

I would definitely argue that point. If it's ok to do it then how come not now? After all, UPS itself set the precedent on it so it should apply across the board. Not just when it hits a certain temperature.

User Name

Only 230 Today?? lol
hold on, i am going to unload my air and leave the truck running, and then i am going to clock out from an hour from now and go to the bar and drink just one or two........ people kill me,,,, of all the things we have to worry about and drivers just make poor decisions, after a long day of good ones... oho well..

If he had the choice to be union and choose not to than good for him! Maybe he can find a good non union job! This is a huge reason why everyone that has the choice should join.

Hey Irish where are you from? My parents are both from Ireland.

Also what are the wages for a driver in Ireland? Here we are just over $29 an hour.

wages over here are 13 euro an hour. minimum wage is 8.65 euro. Not a bad wage. More than most other couriers round here. I'm living in the south west of Ireland. Lovely green fresh and clear :)