Driver fired on christmas eve....

Overpaid Union Thug

Nope. Job abandondenment
It shouldn't be if his/her supplement forbids a driver being forced back out after returning to the building. I would have worked and filed just to cover my ass but its sad that we should have to do that when the language clearly states that we don't have to go back out. If management would just follow the rules they agreed to then problem solved.

wayfair

swollen member
let's say you have to go back out to help along with 3 other drivers to the same driver. The driver needing help gives out stops and then returns to building when finished before ANY of the others that were sent to help... ideas???

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
A driver can not be disciplined for refusing to go back out after completing his/her full days work. Take the termination and in 4 working days file at the union hall, demanding full back pay and at the same time file for harassment! That is how to deal with the Management side of this equation.

On the brother worker side of the equation. The other drivers need to have a "talk" with this driver for his leaving a brother's ass out there twisting in the wind on X-Mass eve. We all have families!!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
It shouldn't be if his/her supplement forbids a driver being forced back out after returning to the building. I would have worked and filed just to cover my ass but its sad that we should have to do that when the language clearly states that we don't have to go back out. If management would just follow the rules they agreed to then problem solved.
No I totally agree. Depending on how his language reads he can tell them to piss off.

I've been involved in this a few times. I had always heard work now grieve later. Well I did this one time when sent back out. Steward and BA told me no they cannot force you back out (I had worked 8 and taken my full break before returning). They said tell him to :censored2: off next time.

Fast forward a few weeks and same sup tries it again. I laughed at him and walked off. Him screaming he's gonna fire me the whole way to the building. I then proceeded to tell everyone else he tried to force that they didn't have to go back out. Boy did he turn red and curse me up and down. The next morning I greeted him with a harassment grievance.

Brownslave688

let's say you have to go back out to help along with 3 other drivers to the same driver. The driver needing help gives out stops and then returns to building when finished before ANY of the others that were sent to help... ideas???
Kindly remind him the three of you will beat his ass if it happens again.

I actually had a guy I used to help all the time. He always beat me back. One day I drove 35 minutes to help him with his 8.0 he gave me his last two stops and left. 10 minutes later I was done and headed back.

I told my sup when I got back that's it I'm not helping him again and you can tell him that for all I care but I won't do it. They never asked again.

Brownslave688

I dont usually have that problem. atleast my Sup "asks" usually when its a complete meltdown.
The problem I have is they have a computer that says exactly where everyone is at all times and what they have left. As much as I hate the green light of death that's what it's their for. Once I'm back that's it I'm done.

They rarely ask me to help though. I don't use my phone and make them set it all up through the board and messages. Usually not worth it to them.