Driver Follow-ups

MendozaJ

This needs to be addressed in the next contract. We are not investigators. I had one just the other day for a DR made in mid-October. "Oh, so you haven't received anything for over a month now? Please sign this ragged piece of paper that went surfing on a sea of boxes until it drowned, which I eventually recovered serendipitously from the cold, wet deck, and stuffed in my pocket. I'm sorry I can't answer any of your questions because I really don't know what happens from here."

Last edited:

KingofFluff

This needs to be addressed in the next contract. We are not investigators. I had one just the other day for a DR made in mid-October. "Oh, so you haven't received anything for over a month now? Please sign this ragged piece of paper that went surfing on a sea of boxes until it drowned, which I eventually recovered serendipitously from the cold, wet deck, and stuffed in my pocket. I'm sorry I can't answer any of your questions because I really don't what happens from here."
I pretend I am what I really wanted to be in life , an FBI agent , and question them intently till they fold, or call in a complaint.....

DriverNerd

I don't mind DFU's at all. I just go to the person, say something very simple like "our records indicate that a package from so and so was delivered on such and such and that you said you never received it. I'm just confirming whether you did or did not receive it. Please sign here. That's it, have a nice day, thank you for your time." Seems to work well. People seem to get it.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
This needs to be addressed in the next contract.

No.

It's not a contractual issue.

We are not investigators.

Drivers are paid to deliver and pickup packages.

Let the company, worry about the other issues.

*knock on door* "You're under arrest."

"You have the right to sign dnotes from now on. You lost the right to driver release."

That's how you do it.

"Send agains" are job security. :biggrin:

-Bug-

Last edited:

Re-Raise

I pretend I am what I really wanted to be in life , an FBI agent , and question them intently till they fold, or call in a complaint.....
I changed my name in the DIAD to Investigator one day.

The OMS sent me a message and said the center manager was directing me to change it back to my real name.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
This needs to be addressed in the next contract. We are not investigators. I had one just the other day for a DR made in mid-October. "Oh, so you haven't received anything for over a month now? Please sign this ragged piece of paper that went surfing on a sea of boxes until it drowned, which I eventually recovered serendipitously from the cold, wet deck, and stuffed in my pocket. I'm sorry I can't answer any of your questions because I really don't know what happens from here."

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
You guys act like it's our stuff, I lost all personal attachment to my job awhile back. Don't get me wrong, when I'm doing my job I do it 100%, beyond that it's their problem. Management has done a great job of making me not GAF.

Johney

How about the follow-ups where they say they didn't receive said package and you see the empty box in the garbage pile by the street? At least take the tracking label off.......Idiots.

barnyard

KTM rider
The last DFU I had, I delivered to the correct address, but it was addressed incorrectly. In the meantime, the residents at the delivered address moved, package was never recovered. It was the 1st negative DFU I have had in 5+ years and I fail to care.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Why would the DFU be loaded with the packages? Ours are put in our slots along with our call tags and other paperwork, which I then put in the cab with me.

Indecisi0n

Hey sir I am just checking to make sure you received this package a month ago?

IMG_0905.gif

DFUs happen. It makes the most sense to have the person who delivered the package to try and locate it. Besides they are out and about in the area anyway.

Cementups

Box Monkey
I have one rule, I only do DFU's if it's my name on the DFU. I'm pretty good about remembering what I delivered and where I left it. So when I ask them about the package I can give them a complete accurate description of the package in question. If they still deny (lie) that they got the package I inform them that from now on every delivery will require a signature. Amazingly most of them all of a sudden recall getting the package.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I have one rule, I only do DFU's if it's my name on the DFU. I'm pretty good about remembering what I delivered and where I left it. So when I ask them about the package I can give them a complete accurate description of the package in question. If they still deny (lie) that they got the package I inform them that from now on every delivery will require a signature. Amazingly most of them all of a sudden recall getting the package.

I have found that mentioning that we will get the police involved goes a long way to getting a positive DFU.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

[derail]

@Cementups, were you out near the Hyundai store about 2:00PM on Thursday?

[/derail]